gained 6 pounds in one day!! -____-

Options
13»

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    *Anything* that you consumed after your morning weigh-in (including liquids) will add the weight of those items to your overall weight on the scale. Has nothing to do with fat gain.

If you ate a pound of gummy bears, guess what? Your weight would immediately go up by a pound if you stepped on the scale after eating them. ;)

Actually untrue
    I've weighed ate then weighed and weighed the same your body won't always show a small amount food up otherwise we'd all be hugely heavier by the end of the day as our food can weigh a lot it's more complicated than eat 1lb food weigh 1lb heavier

Of course it's true. You really believe that if you step on the scale, weigh yourself, step off and eat one pound of something, and then step back on, that you will NOT be 1 pound heavier? Where do you think that weight goes???
    Obviously over the course of a DAY, it is converted to energy/fat, and yes I usually DO weigh more at night than I did that morning, unless I had a very long drenching cardio session. That's normal.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    2 gallons of water is like - nearly 8 litres? Hell. Water toxicity is a thing - Google it. It can be fatal.

If you research what your body can do water intoxication is almost impossible unless in a short period of time. Your liver is able to filter 33 ounces of water per hour. So if you times that by how many hours your awake in the day it's more than 2 gallons...
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    *Anything* that you consumed after your morning weigh-in (including liquids) will add the weight of those items to your overall weight on the scale. Has nothing to do with fat gain.

If you ate a pound of gummy bears, guess what? Your weight would immediately go up by a pound if you stepped on the scale after eating them. ;)

Actually untrue
    I've weighed ate then weighed and weighed the same your body won't always show a small amount food up otherwise we'd all be hugely heavier by the end of the day as our food can weigh a lot it's more complicated than eat 1lb food weigh 1lb heavier

You need a new scale, you don't defy mass and gravity calculations by moving an object from outside to inside your stomach..
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I have another worry from a Herculean thirst. It could be a sign of diabetes. Does your pee smell fruity?

I have never heard of this until last night. Apparently, my MIL asked my wife if I had diabetes because I pee like a race horse. But I also drink almost 200oz of fluids a day..

But then again, my 16 month son has had the ability to pee through every brand of diaper, even if we put a pad in it. And we both have fantastic blood work.

For conversation's sake, perhaps they are thinking of diabetes insipidus which is characterised by polydypsia and polyuria (excessive thirst and urination) and is quite separate to diabetes mellitis.

Not suggesting you have it, but diabetes insipidus is a disorder of anti diuretic hormone or kidney response and doesn't necessaryily show on blood work - more looking at the specific gravity of the urine.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I have another worry from a Herculean thirst. It could be a sign of diabetes. Does your pee smell fruity?

I have never heard of this until last night. Apparently, my MIL asked my wife if I had diabetes because I pee like a race horse. But I also drink almost 200oz of fluids a day..

But then again, my 16 month son has had the ability to pee through every brand of diaper, even if we put a pad in it. And we both have fantastic blood work.

For conversation's sake, perhaps they are thinking of diabetes insipidus which is characterised by polydypsia and polyuria (excessive thirst and urination) and is quite separate to diabetes mellitis.

Not suggesting you have it, but diabetes insipidus is a disorder of anti diuretic hormone or kidney response and doesn't necessaryily show on blood work - more looking at the specific gravity of the urine.

Interesting. I guess its possible that is what they thought.