Gaining weight by exercising more and eating less---Could it be starvation mode?

Options
124»

Replies

• KingBape1993
    KingBape1993 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ur calorie intake and exercise in on point so the only thing would be eat less fats and when you do, healthy ones(avocado, almonds etc). Also you could space your meals out more to increase metabolism. I don't think the weight gain will continue. Good job! And good luck!
  • KingBape1993
    Options
    Is on point*^
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10405723/new-to-em2wl-introduce-yourself-here#latest

OP people are trying to offer helpful advice not attack you. I strongly suggest finding a therapist.
  • KingBape1993
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Ur calorie intake and exercise in on point so the only thing would be eat less fats and when you do, healthy ones(avocado, almonds etc). Also you could space your meals out more to increase metabolism. I don't think the weight gain will continue. Good job! And good luck!

@KingBape1993 Blanket telling people to eat less fats is not good advice. Fats are not evil. Fats are not why we are fat.

Sorry if you didn't agree with my advice. But all I can do is speak from personal experience and I've been eating a protein rich diet for 2 months, working out 5 days a week and I've lost 22 pounds. I find when I eat a lower amount of fats(not cutting out fats completely) I get better results.
  • KingBape1993
    Options
    kclaar11 wrote: »

@KingBape1993 Blanket telling people to eat less fats is not good advice. Fats are not evil. Fats are not why we are fat.

Sorry if you didn't agree with my advice. But all I can do is speak from personal experience and I've been eating a protein rich diet for 2 months, working out 5 days a week and I've lost 22 pounds. I find when I eat a lower amount of fats(not cutting out fats completely) I get better results.

I don't think that it is the advice giving that is the problem; it is the blanket statement about fats being the problem when some people lose weight on very high fat diets. Also, meal spacing and timing have nothing to do with weight loss or "increasing metabolism".

Well *kitten* me right? Lol
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

I don't agree with you advice either. Excess calories cause weight gain, not excess fats.
    100lbs down.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I don't believe with your specific history that getting advice on an anonymous forum is the best course of action. People tend to frame questions to effect the outcome so that they get the responses they want.

I'm going to suggest that instead of focusing on weight loss, that you look at gaining muscle and the positive aspects this has on your overall aesthetics and self perception.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

I am on a low fat diet(due to a health issue) and not losing anything any faster than when I ate moderate fat.not to mention if you lost 22lbs in 2 months you are most likely in a very large deficit. losing 11lbs a month is not healthy(unless severely obese and under the care of a dr,or had WLS and under the care of a dr)
  • KingBape1993
    Options

I am on a low fat diet(due to a health issue) and not losing anything any faster than when I ate moderate fat.not to mention if you lost 22lbs in 2 months you are most likely in a very large deficit. losing 11lbs a month is not healthy(unless severely obese and under the care of a dr,or had WLS and under the care of a dr)

I feel like I'm getting taken out of context. I didn't say, eat as many calories as you want as long as they aren't fats.. I eat low calories with high protein and a decent amount of fats and carbs. I also workout 5 days a week. And yes, I'm in a large deficit. Honestly I'm pretty annoyed I said anything at all. Shouldn't have even looked at the forums in the first place.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

I feel like I'm getting taken out of context. I didn't say, eat as many calories as you want as long as they aren't fats.. I eat low calories with high protein and a decent amount of fats and carbs. I also workout 5 days a week. And yes, I'm in a large deficit. Honestly I'm pretty annoyed I said anything at all. Shouldn't have even looked at the forums in the first place.

I never said you said to eat as many calories as you want. but a big deficit is what caused your fat loss(and possible muscle loss). not the low fat high protein
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Nobody took it out of context. You said the calories and exercise were on point, so they needed to lower fat and change meal timing. Neither of those will impact weight loss if they keep their calories and exercise the same.

The OP really needs to seek some professional help at this point and not for weight loss because she's at fairly low BMI.

ETA: I only said something in the first place because you posted the same advice in several threads. None of those threads would have seen benefit from reducing fat.
  • KingBape1993
    Options

Nobody took it out of context. You said the calories and exercise were on point, so they needed to lower fat and change meal timing. Neither of those will impact weight loss if they keep their calories and exercise the same.

The OP really needs to seek some professional help at this point and not for weight loss because she's at fairly low BMI.

ETA: I only said something in the first place because you posted the same advice in several threads. None of those threads would have seen benefit from reducing fat.

*2 threads but it's cool
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

*2 threads but it's cool

You've both missed the boat on this by missing the fact that the OP is probably suffering from the residual effects of an eating disorder - fats or no fats, thats not the issue.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »

*2 threads but it's cool

You've both missed the boat on this by missing the fact that the OP is probably suffering from the residual effects of an eating disorder - fats or no fats, thats not the issue.

I pointed that out to him if you read my last response.