Apple Cider vinegar and Activated Charcoal

Options
Okay I just want to start out by saying I have never been into fad diets.

But I have been reading almost everywhere about how apple cider vinegar and activated charcoal deluted water will help you loose weight

The apple cider vinegar mixed with 8 oz of water every morning supposably helps people loose 7-10 pounds in 2 weeks.

I also have read that activated charcoal also helps with weight loss when you mix it with water because it draws out the toxins in your body.

I have been following my healthy lifestyle for about 7 weeks and wanted to add something else in to help with my weight loss. I don't take anything that isn't "natural" so I take pills or anything but what can be the harm in trying? I have lost 15 pounds with just diet and excersise but maybe this will push the weightloss?

If you have tried or known anyone who has tried these two things please post the experience and results. :)

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    This' a myth! If you aren't suffering via, liver/kidney failure then; these organs'll naturally detoxify you themselves!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    that's what I was thinking as well. I tried to take a shot of that stuff and it was absolutely the most disgusting stuff ever. (apple cider vinegar) But it does taste great mixed with some avacado oil for salad dressing :)

Well, sure. It's really good as the acid when making collards, too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Okay - the apple cider vinegar thing has been around for DECADES. So even though you've been reading it everywhere.....it's woo.

The activated charcoal water might be a new one (never heard of it).......but that brings up a good point if it actually worked wouldn't everyone know it? We have kidneys and a liver for detoxification. If yours are not doing their job....you need a doctor.

7-10 pounds in 2 weeks......7 x 3500 = 24,500 calories. That would be a 1,750 calorie deficit every single day.....only very obese people would have a shot at that.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    I take activated charcoal for gas, lol. Doesn't do anything for weight loss though.

This! Activated charcoal is great for some gut issues, but it's not going to magically melt fat off your body. Neither will ACV, though it makes a tasty salad dressing.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @need2exerc1se How does it help with your gut? I need GI help and have tried probiotics...
  • losing10wKeto
    losing10wKeto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    so glad i bought an enormous ACV at the store last week. :D but yes I use it for fresh mozz/tomato/basil! Im keto so its an amazing substitute for balsamic. Guess ill just have a sh*tload of it for the next year haha
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    ACV is also great for marinating meat for the grill or slow-roasting pork!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    that's what I was thinking as well. I tried to take a shot of that stuff and it was absolutely the most disgusting stuff ever. (apple cider vinegar) But it does taste great mixed with some avacado oil for salad dressing :)

Or curdling almond milk when you're making a dairy-free recipe that calls for buttermilk (or curdling regular milk if you haven't got buttermilk)!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

I like it on cooked cabbage too, tastes great.
  • DavidRocketts
    DavidRocketts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar has some health benefits, and I take a tablespoon with water most days (good for arthritis for one). It does not affect weight loss. Green tea is a very good anti-oxidant, but I would be very cautious over using charcoal for several reasons, some outlined here. Be aware that being a member of MFP does NOT turn anyone into an expert on food, health and nutrition. Seek professional advice for that... Best of luck, and take care.