Ladies only!! Help!

Options

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 50 pounds eating all the yummy food, just less of it. I've eaten cookies for breakfast several times this week.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I drink beer and lose weight. It's all about the CICO.
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yep! I feel less bloated when I decrease my carbs, but a bit of bloat is worth it in my opinion!
  • Pinkpanther_15
    Pinkpanther_15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat 1200 calories and exercise. I don't eat back the calories from exercising either. I try to stick with healthy foods, but as long as you don't go over your calories you will lose weight.
  • Pinkpanther_15
    Pinkpanther_15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep. I could never give up carbs. I'm down to 136 from 173 since Septemberish.

How many calories do you eat a day? That's awesome :)
  • Tee_geee
    Tee_geee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Why ladies only? Is low carb just for women? :o

Men just sent to lose weight much quicker and much easier no matter which kind of diet they choose
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I've had success losing weight, but I'm not tracking carbs, calories, or even weighing my food. Different things work for different people.
  • KTRCZ
    KTRCZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever I fancy but make sure I don't overeat my calorie allowance for the day.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34lbs so far eating whatever I wanted to eat. Just less of it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Tee_geee wrote: »

Men just sent to lose weight much quicker and much easier no matter which kind of diet they choose

Oh really? Says who?
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I find I average about 54% Carbs with 30% fat and 16% protein. I also usually eat at least one treat a day that contains refined sugar (shock, horror!!) I do usually burn >500cals in exercise though.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love me some carbs!!! I try to get 90% of my carbs from healthy foods like while grains, fruits, and veggies but try and leave room for one sweet treat per day. IMO, life without peanut butter cookies and chocolate cake isn't a life worth living.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Have any of you had success with losing weight WITHOUT doing low carb?

Yep. I frequently go over the MFP sugar and carb limits. I lost 50 lbs two years ago that way...and I've lost 15lbs so far this year doing it that way too.

Key is restricting calories...not carbs
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Lost 70 lbs eating carbs. Counted calories, counted points, ate carbs the whole time. Carbs aren't the enemy, caloric surplus is.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Yep. I could never give up carbs. I'm down to 136 from 173 since Septemberish.

How many calories do you eat a day? That's awesome :)

Thanks :) Started out about 1750, right now 1380. I am like 1lb from goal weight, so ready to go to maintenance.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Oh really? Says who?

My husband just has to decide to lose weight nd he drops 10lbs :/
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Yes. Carbs, fats and proteins. Tend to eat whatever I like within reason@pantry, refrigerator, freezers and local grocery run.

#Consider buying a food scale ... Takes the guess work out of it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yes, 114.5 lb lost as of today without low carb.