Ladies only!! Help!

Options
Have any of you had success with losing weight WITHOUT doing low carb?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Yes. Most of my way of eating is carbs.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Technically, yes, but I am more satisfied/find it easier to lose weight (without being hungry, irritable, food-obsessed) when I go lower in carbs and avoid refined carbs/sugary things in particular.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Low carb is something I'd never consider.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I cannot do low carb - I turn into a mega witch! All I do is stay under my calories, regardless of what type of food, and I'm losing weight.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs. I've lost a lot of weight. Why ladies only?
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I gained weight when I went low carb because without counting calories I can easily overeat tasty meat.

I've lost 110 lbs on a 40/40/20 (carb/fat/protein) ratio. Nothing magical about that either, or just happens that my preferred food patterns lead to it.
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love fruit and veggies too much now to try the low-carb diets like I did when I was younger. Now I just stick to calorie deficit and do better than I ever have :smile:
  • cfritchley26
    cfritchley26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs before my wedding with just watching my calories and choosing better food. I have actually lost weight doing low carb and higher carb...I definitely feel better with carbs in my life. Right now I generally sticking to moderate carb, but that's only because I feel better when I do!

Concentrate on calories for weight loss...macros don't play as big of a role.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm carbs.....CICO, you're welcome! ;)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Calories in calories out.... I do keep them around 35-40% now. Higher leaves me hungry and unsatisfied, lower was a PITA and didn't seem to improve anything. Very little of that is desserts (not fruit) or even plain bread/potatoes/rice, but thats just personal preference.

You do you and see what makes you feel satisfied and able to hit your calorie goal. Low fat makes me sad and angry, but may work for you etc... Maybe take notes each day of hunger levels so that you can correlate.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Yep. I could never give up carbs. I'm down to 136 from 173 since Septemberish.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43lbs so far just eating less than I burn. I don't take any notice of macros. Most of my calories come from carbs.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Tee_geee wrote: »
    Have any of you had success with losing weight WITHOUT doing low carb?

Certainly. Most people I know that have lost, have done it w/o doing low carb, incduding me.