7 Passenger Vehicles

Replies

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    My Dodge Durango has all that.
  • stephen54scc
    stephen54scc Posts: 6 Member
    becky6323 wrote: »
    So, looking for a new vehicle. I have 3 kids under 6 and the back seat of my impala just isn't cutting it anymore. But, I want to pay off our windows before I get something new and get the most out of my free car (136k miles, 11 years old and so far no issues except oil changes) so looking at buying next summer. Most likely buying used, hopefully certified. So, in all reality, buying a car that is new right now. Whats out there that everyone loves? Here is what we're looking for.
    7 passenger SUV or cool van
    Middle row with 3 seats in case we need the bigger back for supplies. With 5 people we'd like the 7 passenger for the big dog and the extra back seat room for vacations.
    AWD or 4WD for Wisconsin winters and living on a dead end road in the country that is the last road to be plowed and early work schedules so we're out before the plows.
    Would like a sun roof/moon roof since I can't handle enclosed spaces
    Radio controls on steering wheel
    Cruise control
    Back up camera
    Remote start
    Dual temp controls
    Back seat temp controls
    Anti-lock breaks

Anyone have any suggestions on vehicles that meet thsee requirements? These are my needs.

I just purchased my wife a 2016 Chevy Traverse from Carmax. The LT model we found had a third row and seats 7. Check it out!
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    For all that, good luck on the $30,000 limit. It can be done, but it'll take time. I got mine used back in 2012 for $19k and it didn't have all that.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    My Dodge Durango has all that.
    Miz_T wrote: »
    For all that, good luck on the $30,000 limit. It can be done, but it'll take time. I got mine used back in 2012 for $19k and it didn't have all that.

My wife drives a 2011 Durango Crew we paid around 25k for it with about 60 thousand miles on it. Still had a portion of the factory warranty left. Has everything you listed plus an entertainment system. Gets surprisingly good fuel mileage for as large of vehicle that it is between 20-22 for her daily commute and 25-26 straight highway.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I have a 2015 Chevy Traverse; 7 passenger, AWD. I bought it brand new; it was on the expensive side (abou $39k with tax/tags). It's not super fancy, but has back up cam, automatic seats, remote start, dual climate control, heated seats (no entertainment system).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I love my Sienna but it only has 2 seats in the middle row... I don't think it comes with 3? We're 4 so it doesn't bother us but yeah I'd look at something else for a family of 5.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Nissan Pathfinder hits every point you mentioned !
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    A Hyundai Santa Fe XL will have all those options in the higher trim levels.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Honda Odyssey. Period. Case closed. [/thread]
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    A note on AWD. Not all AWD systems are created equally. Most AWD is vastly asymmetrical. That means the AWD vehicle is essentially a FWD (90/10 split) vehicle until the ECU detects loss of traction and engages differential(s) to send power to the rear. There's only two manufacturers that have reasonably proficient symmetrical AWD systems: Audi and Subaru (at one point AMC pre-1986 after which they went open diff to cut cost). The only time AWD matters is getting started. Once one is moving, driving technique and good tires are what's going to make the difference in the white stuff.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    dpwellman wrote: »

not so fast my friend!

seven passengers plus a driver

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2017
    Honda Pilot. I am on my second Pilot now. Love it. You can get a 2-3 y/o gently used low mileage ExL AWD in the mid to upper 20's.

This is especially true since the body style changed over for 2016. The 14 and 15's coming off lease are going to be outdated trims. So if you can live with that...

Also used car values are going to be falling this year. So be patient. And shop around. NADA is predicting values for used cars hurting due to the number of lease cars being turned in this year (it's gonna be a lot) and the auctions being flooded with fleet vehicles from rental agencies (as usual). Manufacturers and dealer inventories are swelling again so new car sales will be the focus for franchise dealerships. Used car values will be further depressed as a result. Sooooo...take your time. Do your research. Grind 3 or 4 dealers against one and other...and you'll find the best deal.

I can't say where I work...but I've been in the automotive finance industry for 20 years.
  • Rhody_Hoosier

Can't go wrong with Honda.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Motorsheen wrote: »

not so fast my friend!

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg

Yeah but have you seen what replacement treads cost nowadays? Might as well buy a Panzer.
  • Motorsheen
    fidycixer wrote: »

not so fast my friend!

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg

Yeah but have you seen what replacement treads cost nowadays? Might as well buy a Panzer.

no need to buy replacement treads, just invade a neighboring country and liberate a set.
  • Rhody_Hoosier

not so fast my friend!

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg

no need to buy replacement treads, just invade a neighboring country and liberate a set.

Fffffrrrrrreeeeeedddooooooommmmm!!!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited March 2017
    clown-car-o.gif
  • Motorsheen

not so fast my friend!

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg

It ain't never free, is it?

• Rhody_Hoosier

not so fast my friend!

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg

Nein.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member

not so fast my friend!

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg

I heard it's a $1.05