7 Passenger Vehicles

Options
13»

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    A Hyundai Santa Fe XL will have all those options in the higher trim levels.

We just test drove this and will probably be getting one. it's a super good deal and was super early to park, my criteria...well and has a back up camera and push button start...yay!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    fidycixer wrote: »
    fidycixer wrote: »
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Honda Odyssey. Period. Case closed. [/thread]

not so fast my friend!

seven passengers plus a driver

147642-004-992FAE41.jpg

Yeah but have you seen what replacement treads cost nowadays? Might as well buy a Panzer.

no need to buy replacement treads, just invade a neighboring country and liberate a set.

Fffffrrrrrreeeeeedddooooooommmmm!!!!!

It ain't never free, is it?

I heard it's a $1.05

You shop at Costco?

..... I just wouldn't know what to do with all of that freedoms.
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Toyota Hylander. Drives like a car but you are up. All the creature comforts you could want. You probably need to go with an LE to get it in your price range or a used XLE
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Have you seen VW commercial that begins with couple in VW Bug doing it? They have a baby and get next size larger VW, this continues up to them having to buy the seven passenger VW van. LoL pretty funny ending shot with van a rocking, close up shows why!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    So what did you end up getting?
  • becky6323
    becky6323 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Haven't gotten anything yet. I'm still a year away but since we're more than likely buying used, whatever we get is on the road right now :) Right now our list includes Chevy Traverse, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Dodge Journey or Durango, Hyundai Santa Fe or Tuscan, Nissan Pathfinder or Rogue or Toyota Highlander. I need to get into some of these models and cut my list down.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Don't get a minivan...they're ugly and gross. I have one I hate it. It's like a wallowing whale and they are just so boring and depressing.

I want a Jeep Grand Cherokee...they are super nice

I too thought this same way... We have 3 boys, all in sports and when I was looking for a new vehicle, my husband told me I was too vain to drive a mini van... that alone made me buy a god damn mini van. I have to tell you, I may have bought that thing for all the wrong reasons but I LOVED THAT MINI VAN, so much so I had 2 more after it and while the boys are now grown and I am in a little Subaru Crosstrek but I tell you I miss the mini van. Power sliding doors, individual DVD players with wireless headsets, the space so no one is touching one another was absolutely a dream come true. I had 2 Honda Odyssey and a Town & Country with power everything dual control heating/air conditioning heated seats, we did some serious tailgating out of those bad boys. I guess, its all a matter of what you are looking for and personal taste. They do have a wide variety of 3rd row seating SUV's these days to choose from... Good luck!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    becky6323 wrote: »
    Haven't gotten anything yet. I'm still a year away but since we're more than likely buying used, whatever we get is on the road right now :) Right now our list includes Chevy Traverse, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Dodge Journey or Durango, Hyundai Santa Fe or Tuscan, Nissan Pathfinder or Rogue or Toyota Highlander. I need to get into some of these models and cut my list down.

Dodge Journey seemed good value for the money. We didn't look at it because my husband felt it looked too much like a truck. We're going to hopefully buy a Santa Fe this afternoon. The XL version since the dealership has a great deal on one right now
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Toyota Highlander is the most reliable according to the Consumer Reports
  • king_laceyii
    king_laceyii Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ford Expedition....has everything you want and more.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Ford Expedition....has everything you want and more.

I want Alicia Vikander. Does it have that?
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. It is very spacious and drives very smooth. Has backup camera, 3rd row seat/fold down cargo, adjustable petals (I'm a shortie so <3 this feature). Bought it new and will drive it until it dies.

I was rear-ended by a large car wrecker. It crumpled his steel bumper and put not one scratch on my pathfinder...

Overall I love it!! But....Beware extended warranty though. They didn't honor mine.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    We have a Dodge Durango. I hate it with the fiery hot passion of a thousand burning suns.

It's big. Really, really big. Bigger than it should be - I can't explain this, because I'm not a physicist, but there are smaller vehicles (the Subaru something or other?) that magically give you more space than that stupid thing. It's like they were TRYING to make it suck. If you have the third row in use, there isn't enough cargo room for the freaking groceries. And our two youngest kids (a very small 10 and a perfectly average 11) complain nonstop about how squished they are back there. And yet, as cramped as we are - parking it is kind of a thing.

We're taking it for a family roadtrip this summer. I actually have no idea how we're going to do this. My husband simply puts his fingers in his ears and "nanananas" me because he likes his crappy truck. But the last time we had to take all 6 of us plus some luggage, just to the AIRPORT, all the kids had to sit with their feet on top of their luggage. And we're going to take a 2-day drive to Florida, with all of our luggage plus a cooler and some fishing equipment etc., etc.,? No way, no how.

I don't believe I've ever seen a large SUV with a moon roof. Maybe. Although you'd be better off getting one with a luggage rack (see above).

I think most all cars manufactured within the last few years have the backup camera.

I do like the seat heaters.

A friend of mine has a Subaru something or other. Noticeably smaller (easier to drive, easier to park, easier on the gas) and yet feels roomier inside. Might be pricier, though, I haven't looked in a while.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A Durango is big? :D

It is all a matter of perspective. To me, a Durango is small. The smallest thing I normally drive is my 4wd crew cab Silverado. To me, it is a little go cart and an absolute piece of cake to park. Then again, I also have north of a million miles behind the wheels of everything from an F350 to a 379 Pete and have had to squeeze 53' trailers into and out of some ridiculous places. I currently drive a 4 axle Kenworth on a daily basis.

One little trick is that it is actually easier to park larger vehicles by backing in. It also has the benefit of being safer because you can see better pulling out forward. If you see the yard of an oilfield company or many trucking companies, everyone backs in.

As to the original question, I guess it depends on what your preferences are and how you prioritize size, cost, fuel mileage, performance, style, etc. Personally, I would lean toward a Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban but there are lots choices out there. I will also second the idea of buying used. I bought my truck with 33k miles on it for about half what a new one would cost.