Sushi Tonight

Options
Schila64
Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
I've been logging in my foods for more than 1 year :) . When I started I did very good, but then after a while I was not logging in all what I was eating B) and the Scale told me the truth :# . This week after inquiring here if to keep logging here in MFP or joining WW i decided to get serious here. Well numbers don't lie and my Scale tells me I'm doing good . Now here is my dilemma : tonight I have an invitation for Sushi, one of my favorite food . How can I enjoy my sushi without having in mind that probably tomorrow when I step on the scale, there will be an increase??

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    That's not a healthy way to think about food- any food can cause weight gain if eaten to excess and any food can be worked into a day's calories.

Sushi is similar anywhere- tuna roll at A will have pretty much the same calories as tuna roll at B, so take a gander at the calories and decide- okay, I'm going to eat a salad, fruit and water for lunch so I have a few extra calories for tonight, if each piece is X calories, then I can have X pieces. Then when you go, eat that much. If you go a little over, it's not a big deal, just hop on the exercise machine and run it off. I don't recommend doing it every day, but once in a while is fine.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Eat at your maintenance calories for tonight. And the sodium you consume will reflect possibly in water weight gain but that is not real fat gain. Have fun!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    um..don't get the deep-fried, extra rice, mayo-containing sushi rolls. Otherwise, sushi doesn't really have a lot of calories. Or get more sashimi than rolls (the rice contains the majority of calories (barring specialty rolls with mayo/sugar sauces or tempura).
  • Schila64
    Options
    Eat at your maintenance calories for tonight.
    What is Maintenance Calorie?

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Maintainence calories are the calories that keep you at your current weight.
  • Ayane101
    Ayane101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love me some sushi and when I found that there were not many calories to sushi as a whole - I was thrilled! The other night I had 3 rolls of sushi and stayed well under what I normally eat for dinner :-)
  • Schila64
    Options
    Ayane101 wrote: »
    I love me some sushi and when I found that there were not many calories to sushi as a whole - I was thrilled! The other night I had 3 rolls of sushi and stayed well under what I normally eat for dinner :-)
    I guess the ones that low in calories, are the ones that is just the plain fish over a piece of rice (Almost Sashimi Style). When you go to the more elaborate and tasty rolls, with sauces, fried shrimp, not counting the rice, which for one roll is almost 1 cup, those are a lot of calories there.