How did you stop missing someone?

From_Within_
From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
A person who I thought I was close to stopped talking to me. I miss them very much and I'm having a hard time. If this happened to you, what helped?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Make new friends. You can't force people to be your friends. If they want to, they call.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • From_Within_
    Im having a hard time in general. It just makes it harder realizing people that I thought cared. Don't. At all. Just hard
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    People don't usually disappear for no reason. There's often a breaking point or event that causes them to break and be unable to continue.

Especially if there are deep issues that need to be addressed and keep getting ignored.

It takes two to communicate. When they disappeared, did you reach out and did they ignore you, or did you also stop talking?
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Word.

jtegirl1 wrote: »
    q2f84dzv66jx.jpeg

• Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Nothing. It's a sadness that will be with me for a lifetime.

Probably me too. Just hope for it to lessen over time.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    fidycixer wrote: »
    A person who I thought I was close to stopped talking to me. I miss them very much and I'm having a hard time. If this happened to you, what helped?
    Had this happen just the end of last year. A 12 year friendship. He was my best and closest friend. His gf didn't like me so he made his choice and it hurts. honestly there's no easy way, its going to continue to hurt for a long while. But you will grow more numb to it. It'll just become a new normal and one day, you'll be (ok) with it. I'm here if you need someone to message

See what I bolded above. I had to cut someone out of my life recently. Stop talking to her completely. I even kept walking when I ran into her at a store and she tried to stop and say "hi".

Recently it just became the new normal...she's just not there anymore. And I've grown numb to the fact that she can't be a part of my life anymore.

It hurts like hell for awhile, but there's a day in your future where you'll wake up and it won't be the first, most, and last thought about thing on your mind. May take you awhile to get there, but it will come sooner or later.

Good luck.

The end.

This. You'll get over it. I promise.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    DrKBR wrote: »
    finding something else to do, or someone else to talk to
    DrKBR wrote: »
    maybe you all make deeper connections than me, a friend is a friend nothing more.

I like the way you think ; )

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Im having a hard time in general. It just makes it harder realizing people that I thought cared. Don't. At all. Just hard

If you honestly believe they don't care at all, then I agree. It's best to move on. A one sided relationship is painful.

Why do you think they stopped talking to you?
  • CrazyTurnip
    CrazyTurnip Posts: 48 Member
    I agree with what's been said already but what works for each person is different, someone can say "time will heal" and whilst that may be true it's not always comforting to hear when you miss someone so much, focusing your mind elsewhere with activities and other people friends and family etc helped me but you have some days better than others. It's worth trying to contact this person again and if they don't wanna know maybe they aren't worthy! Stay strong!! :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Know that everything is as it was meant to be...

All of time exist at this moment, so everything is destiny. That person was meant to come in and out of your life for one reason or another...

There's nothing you can do but embrace what you have in front of you and don't take the new day for granted...

As in all things, those we love and hate... This too shall pass...

sage advice, and something I needed to hear right now.

mad re5pext
  • From_Within_
    There was one thing that most likely stopped him from talking to me, yes. But I didn't know it bothered him personally. I don't remember him telling me it bothered him. My life is pretty messed up at the moment at that could be the reason as well. But I didn't know these things bothered him. I don't think he communicated these things with me, if he did, it wasn't clear to me. I'm very good at over thinking but not good at knowing what someone else is thinking, especially over text. He's gone and I don't know why, I guess I don't need a reason. I just miss him. I do believe that people come and go at points in your life and perhaps a friend is a friend and nothing more to some people- I am not that type of person and those who I become close to, it hurts when they leave. I guess that's my issue and now I'm just wondering how to make the pain go away. I won't stop caring but because of resent events, I have become afraid of meeting people and letting them in, and I hate that. I like to care, I like to love.
  • From_Within_
    I was probably too needy and too much work. Like I said I could overthink things forever. Some people are easy to let go, but not this one... ugh!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Cats.