How did you stop missing someone?

Options

Replies

• From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @FindingAwesome - thank you. I do realize I have to find, and focus on the good things in the midst of the struggle. And I am truly grateful for the ones that are in my life. And the people who help me find the awesome :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    pbe9u5rnccjb.jpg
    I saw this.. And it helps... A little.

Sorry that you are hurting.

strongest first post ever.

respect.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    eff' it.

I don't want to forget; just the opposite.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I closed the door on mine 2 months ago. I'm still here

hsxqufq6hiee.jpg

Lang Leav speaks to me on SO many levels. She's my favorite.

• sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    eff' it.

<3
  • M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't think you do..I think time just takes the pain away and you learn to live without
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    eff' it.

I don't want to forget mine, either.

Why should you have to forget? If you were close to someone I think they will always have a little spot in your heart and brain and life. Just because someone isn't physically present doesn't mean they aren't with you in some way and while you might not miss them as much they're still a part of you
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the circumstance.

A loved one passing away, will always live with you in your heart, you will always miss them, you just get used to them not being there

A friend or a partner who no longer wants to be in your life, I find it best to become emotionally detached from the situation, guard goes up, makes it so much easier to forget them, and stop missing them.

Agree 100%

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am missing someone very very much. I'm allowing myself to grieve. It's an important process. I've cried, I've been angry, I've been depressed and I've allowed myself all these feelings. But I've distracted myself. I've started on a weight loss journey that's been a long time coming and that's helped me tremendously. Hope yr ok *hugs*
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A person who I thought I was close to stopped talking to me. I miss them very much and I'm having a hard time. If this happened to you, what helped?

The title question is tough because I think I will always miss the person/relationship a bit even if it doesn't destroy me with sadness every day.
    People do pass out of our lives or relationships change. Feel sad for a bit but get busy with other people or things. Count your blessings. Work on yourself and your life.

• Motorsheen
    Options
    I think it all depends on the circumstance.

A loved one passing away, will always live with you in your heart, you will always miss them, you just get used to them not being there

A friend or a partner who no longer wants to be in your life, I find it best to become emotionally detached from the situation, guard goes up, makes it so much easier to forget them, and stop missing them.

This.

100% This.

mad re5pext.
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Cookies. Want a cookie?
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    pbe9u5rnccjb.jpg
    I saw this.. And it helps... A little.

Sorry that you are hurting.

strongest first post ever.

respect.

Thank you :smile:
  • marlee456
    marlee456 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's a great question. I recently lost my mother. She was my closest friend. I struggle everyday to move on without her. The moment that death took her is burned into my brain! I miss her dearly and wonder when missing her will be easier.
  • From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Xvapor wrote: »
    Cookies. Want a cookie?

I like cookies :)