Feedback on my beginner's strength training/workout plan?

Options
Hello MFP friends! Today I've officially been logging 90 days just tracking calories.

SW: 270lbs
CW: 250.1lbs
GW: 199lbs - for now!

Height - 5'10, Age - 22

I've decided to add strength training and cardio to my routine, and have been going to Zumba classes for the last two weeks. Below is the plan I've put together for myself to do 3x/week with rest days in between, factoring in 1-2 days of Zumba a week and am hoping for some constructive feedback.

Important to note that my goal with my cardio is to start building up my running skills as I have no endurance at this point and would like to eventually start C25K. Also, I am a smoker and do lose my breath quickly right now so higher impact cardio has been setting me up for failure - I've altered my cardio to be more resistance based until I can kick my habit.

My goal is to slowly introduce exercise as I slowly introduced a calorie deficit as I am a serial starter. This is the first time I've stuck with calorie counting this long, and had this significant of a loss. I'm hoping for realistic feedback in terms of if I'm targeting all my muscle groups without overdoing any groups, looking at realistic sets/reps, etc. Any support you can offer is much appreciated!

Warm up
Elliptical, 15 min, "weight loss" setting, light(ish) resistance.

Strength Training
Dumbell Press - 12, 10, 8
Lat Pull Down - 12, 10, 8
Overhead Dumbell Press - 12, 10, 8
Leg Press - 8, 10, 12
Leg Curls - 8, 10, 12
Tricep Press - 12, 10, 8
Bicep Curls - 12, 10, 8
Squats - 12, 10, 8 (likely will increase these reps when I identify my baseline)
Crunches - 15, 15, 15
Modified Bicycle Crunches - 10, 10, 10.

Cardio
Treadmill - 30 min, "hill trainer", running at 1m flat periods.

This week, I'll be hitting the gym Saturday, Monday and Wednesday with Zumba on Friday night. Wish me luck!

Replies