Show us your favorite art

Replies

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    rt17h1kf5kip.jpeg

This one is painted on board rather than canvas. I think teal works with about any color you throw at it.

oh this is so good 💛

i know u said u painted after seeing rothko but theres thus abstract expressionist robert motherwell that went thru a time where he did large scale layered color studies with that rich paint texture that has this similar vibe too

like this

vz2z4645icqm.jpeg

evaylzkqjvvy.jpeg

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    rt17h1kf5kip.jpeg

This one is painted on board rather than canvas. I think teal works with about any color you throw at it.

oh this is so good 💛

i know u said u painted after seeing rothko but theres thus abstract expressionist robert motherwell that went thru a time where he did large scale layered color studies with that rich paint texture that has this similar vibe too

like this

vz2z4645icqm.jpeg

evaylzkqjvvy.jpeg

I also did a whole series of paintings that were covered in a high-gloss resin.

It's a pain to work with, but the results can be good. It also makes the artwork essentially bulletproof.

I'll try to post one that I did a couple of years ago as an experiment. It as a ton of texture..... I'll look for it.
  • ermengarde22
    edited September 2020
    rt17h1kf5kip.jpeg

oh this is so good 💛

like this

vz2z4645icqm.jpeg

evaylzkqjvvy.jpeg

It's a pain to work with, but the results can be good. It also makes the artwork essentially bulletproof.

I'll try to post one that I did a couple of years ago as an experiment. It as a ton of texture..... I'll look for it.

*kitten* i’d love to try working with resin but i dont have that clean space with ventilation, i’ve tried it small scale and it was awesome

please def show what u did with it, i’m interested
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    rt17h1kf5kip.jpeg

oh this is so good 💛

like this

vz2z4645icqm.jpeg

evaylzkqjvvy.jpeg

*kitten* i’d love to try working with resin but i dont have that clean space with ventilation, i’ve tried it small scale and it was awesome

please def show what u did with it, i’m interested

okay, yeah..... I'll need to dig the resin pieces outta storage & you're right, working with it can be a sticky & flammable mess.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    2dt51zhgvgxb.jpeg

Manfred W Jurgens
  • honeybee__12
    I enjoy Fractal Art

h1z8bx8zed47.jpeg
    9fk3u2oeegwa.jpeg
    k93r0dm3f42f.jpeg
    v9rac3nxvcoo.jpeg
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    1jbntkx96w36.jpeg
  • ermengarde22
    iMago wrote: »
    1jbntkx96w36.jpeg

i think this is one he did at the asylum
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    dai07cuxawro.png
  • Diatonic12
    acbehric1ta9.png

• Diatonic12
    a9kemfvy8x9e.png
  • Diatonic12
    jud43br34ag6.png

• honeybee__12
    k36x3ow25ues.jpeg

Cheri Wollenberg
  • honeybee__12
    4tim4h6tathl.jpeg

Barb Hauxwell
  • honeybee__12
    4lz80hzazro5.jpeg

Chickasha Arts Center
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    My favorite art is drawings of my favorite face, Jensen Ackles.

There are a handful of extremely talented artists drawing him who do hyper realistic, photo like drawings.

Below is my favorite, preceded by the photo it came from. I'm seriously considering purchasing this and putting it on my wall.

we2l6kam2quj.jpeg
    qe518gqnpni0.jpeg

• Diatonic12
    Top of the Chain

wvpdmactwfws.png