Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

Show us your favorite art

1333435363739»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 4,106 Member
    bir3vsiinpgc.jpeg
    Self Portrait of the Artist Hesitating Between Music and the Arts. Angelica Kauffman, RA, a founding member of the British RA - and last woman to be admitted until 1922.

I’ve been lucky enough to see several of her original paintings. The skin tones are exquisite. Her story is fascinating.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 3,751 Member
    kvcfs0n6ij29.jpeg

6jj8a6fqyo2m.jpeg

euzsur8lqo4b.jpeg

moizv6ek59u8.jpeg

5ulsbd6w35mp.jpeg

Amy Grimes, Story Paintings
    I have purchased several of her books for my grandkids, the illustrations are wonderful.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 4,106 Member
    I have purchased several of her books for my grandkids, the illustrations are wonderful.

If you like beautifully illustrated kids books, Mercer Meyer’s “A Boy, A Dog and a Frog” series are wonderfully illustrated, really funny, and have no words. Kids have to make up the story as they go along.
  • lawsonsaysread
    lawsonsaysread Posts: 49 Member
    Bernini's Rape of Porsepine -- The whole sculpture is incredible and can be seen at the Boughesi Gallery in Rome (go there at least once in your life). But look at the of the indentions made in her flesh. Looking at it in person, one swears it is fully allive.
    8d0dcr6qceqz.png
  • honey_honey_12
    Bernini's Rape of Porsepine -- The whole sculpture is incredible and can be seen at the Boughesi Gallery in Rome (go there at least once in your life). But look at the of the indentions made in her flesh. Looking at it in person, one swears it is fully allive.
    8d0dcr6qceqz.png

It is quite remarkable.
    I was fortunate enough to see it long ago.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,232 Member

I've always been a huge fan of Nicholas Cage Duck Art.

il_794xN.2328156575_4m7l.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I've always been a huge fan of Nicholas Cage Duck Art.

il_794xN.2328156575_4m7l.jpg

Your taste in art is impeccable 👌😂