Push ups

Options
Rebecca0224
Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
edited March 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I was able to do 40 perfect push ups last night. It has taken 4 months to be able to do this many. If I can do this I know others who are struggling can also. Good luck everyone

Replies

• mmsmfp
    mmsmfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! How did you start out? Just as many as you could do in the beginning?
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    mmsmfp wrote: »
    Awesome!! How did you start out? Just as many as you could do in the beginning?

Wall push ups, kitchen counter, bathroom counter, bedframe, then finally floor. I have an app that links to myfitnesspal for push ups and it gives a set number to do. I just went through the program and progressed lower to the ground.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a big deal.

A few years ago I pushed my pushup training and really improved at them. Unfortunately, I have not kept up doing them much and the number I can do has fallen off. Your post is a reminder that I need to get back to them.
  • Zendrick
    Zendrick Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome! I haven't really been doing push ups but just weight lifting.. so tonight my son and I had a contest. I got 20, he got 22. I was pretty impressed.
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I can't do real pushups yet but I'm working on them by doing them with my knees down for now. Great job!
  • Espresso345
    Espresso345 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Fitness22 100 pushups app - it's great! I am NOT at 100 pushups yet - I got up to 10, 12, 14, 12, 10 (58 with 90 second rest in between) and I'm doing that 3x a week until my form is better. (Full body). The app counts down the rest for you, and you can start with counter, knees or full body. I'm not awesome - I can't do knee pushups because they squick me out. It just feels icky.
  • Dravenfall
    Dravenfall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Navy and that's the same suggestion I give to people to build their pushups. Start with an incline pushup (like using a weight bench..or a counter) and slowly build up to doing floor pushups. Much better than knee pushups. Great job and keep going!
  • Fizbi
    Fizbi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love doing push ups. One of my favorite exercises. Keep at it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I do this, and then I did way too many, oh the pain, it works, bye bye belly
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank you for sharing! That's a great achievement B) . The knee ones weren't doing it for me, now I know why! Right now, I'm learning using a yoga ball, and just trying to hold a plank. I'm inspired to go look up some pushup apps.

Thanks again!
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Push ups are so incredibly satisfying when you get the hang of them and they're an exercise that you can do pretty much anywhere - which is a definite bonus! (Part of my daily morning post-coffee workout!!!)
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    Fizbi wrote: »
    Great job! I love doing push ups. One of my favorite exercises. Keep at it.

I fell in love with push ups in the army. They make me feel good and it's a stress relief for me.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring. Push ups and pull ups are part of my goals for this year. I can do three standard push ups at the moment and I was only aiming for one, so I guess I should aim higher now.
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    This is inspiring. Push ups and pull ups are part of my goals for this year. I can do three standard push ups at the moment and I was only aiming for one, so I guess I should aim higher now.

That's great, I couldn't do one when I started a few months ago.
  • davideason
    davideason Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was able to do 40 perfect push ups last night. It has taken 4 months to be able to do this many. If I can do this I know others who are struggling can also. Good luck everyone

I'm trying to incorporate pushups into my routine, what app did you use?, and well done ☺
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    davideason wrote: »

I'm trying to incorporate pushups into my routine, what app did you use?, and well done ☺

Runtastic push up counter, I love the runtastic apps and have several of them.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Great job :smile: loving this thread :smiley: I'm not fond of push ups bit you've inspired me to try :smile:
  • Rebecca0224
    Options
    Great job :smile: loving this thread :smiley: I'm not fond of push ups bit you've inspired me to try :smile:

Go for it! You can do it! Just start slow.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That's awesome! Glad to hear that someone made it all way. 40 is a lot!