Anyone want to do the 30 day shred with me?

himel13
himel13 Posts: 146 Member
Hi everyone! I am looking for MFP pals who want to give the 30 day shred a go (or another chance). I did it a few years ago and saw really good results. I did 2 days of Level 1 already but am happy to repeat if anyone wants to start from the beginning with me. I really need help with accountability and thought this might be a good way for others who feel the same! I am very unfit and very injured (bad knees, damaged wrist etc), so I will probably be doing a lot of modifications, but I will give it my all! Hope I find people who'd like to join!
Cheers,
Himel

Replies

• wookaj
    wookaj Posts: 18 Member
    I just finished day 3 of 30 day shred!
  • mehlerscasada
    mehlerscasada Posts: 35 Member
    Is there a chart or graphic to illustrate what the 30 day shred is? I'd love to take part but I don't know what it is...
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    I've just done day 1 level 1! Great timing for the thread! It'd be great to have more accountability buddies! Don't forget to measure yourselves and take a before photo ready for the big (hopefully) loss at the end of the levels.
    Couple of questions : what are you logging it as, and are you going to take rest says?
    See you tomorrow!
    Gill
  • skinnyrev2b
    Level 1, day 2 done. Felt easier today, maybe because I knew what was to come. Still had to stop frequently mind!
  • wookaj
    Level 1, day 5 done. It definitely seems to feel easier for me - except the pushups....I can't do more than a few before I have to do them on my knees. I hope I get better at them!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Is there a chart or graphic to illustrate what the 30 day shred is? I'd love to take part but I don't know what it is...

It's a DVD of exercises by Jillian Michaels. It's available free on YouTube if you want to have a go. It mixes cardio with strength and abs work. 20 mins per session with 3 levels of difficulty.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Just started today! Really excited to have so many people to do it with!!! I have a feeling the first few "days" of it I am going to have to take rest days between... but we will see you I feel tomorrow.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Well done Wookaj! It sounds like you already have got better at them - so just keep up the momentum.
    I took an active rest day today rather than L1D3 - I did some pilates and an hour's walk. I'm hoping that'll ease the stiffness!
  • wookaj
    edited March 2017
    I had some unplanned (but welcome) exercise today with my kiddos, so I skipped my last day of Level 1. I'll finish it up tomorrow...I'm eager to move onto Level 2 since I know every line of the script of Level 1. :neutral: The good news is that I'm still increasing my number of pushups every day.

Hope everyone is sticking with it!!
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    What is it?! I'd love to join.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Hi Ella, It's a fitness DVD available on YouTube (or you can buy it of course!) by Jillian Michaels. It's a 3 level workout which you should do over 30 days (not necessarily consecutive despite what she implies). 10 days of Level 1, 10 of 2... etc.
    HTH's!
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    I'm in....time to pull the old DVD off the shelf and blow the dust off it. Can someone please tell me how to track this workout on the exercise tracker?
  • skinnyrev2b
    Well done dbackgrammy! Welcome to the thread.
    We all seem to log it as circuits. Some say log the full 28 minutes but only eat back half the calories. Others say log 20 minutes...
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Thanks skinnyrev2b can I request you guys? I don't get notified when somebody responds to me, I would love to be able to start possibly tomorrow. Just look up Julian Michaels?
  • skinnyrev2b
    Hi Ella, this should be the YouTube link you need: https://youtu.be/1Pc-NizMgg8. But just in case it doesn't show - or you (quite rightly) don't quite trust me to follow a link I've posted - just search for JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 Day Shred.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Ooo - pretty Pics as well! Didn't know it would do that!
  • wookaj
    I just finished Level 1 Day 10. I'll try Level 2 tomorrow and if it's too hard I'll be doing Level 1 a few more days. LOL
  • LizzyK1983
    LizzyK1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Do you think it would be bad to skip the last few days of level 2 and move onto Level 3 - I really really hate level 2!
  • xpinkablelove
    xpinkablelove Posts: 4 Member
    Ella I just did day one today! Would definitely love some people to help motivate! I did this a few years ago and got great results. Day 1 sucked today lol. I finally realized just how out of shape I am.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    I know I'm a little late to the game, but do you mind if I join? I did L1D1 today. I've done 30DS before and made it to day 10 before quitting and I seen some pretty decent results. I did another program for 45 days, so I know I can do this now. Going to take my measurements and my "before" pictures so I can keep track of my progress.