Anyone want to do the 30 day shred with me?

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    wookaj wrote: »
    I just finished Level 1 Day 10. I'll try Level 2 tomorrow and if it's too hard I'll be doing Level 1 a few more days. LOL

Well done WookAJ!
    LizzyK1983 wrote: »
    Do you think it would be bad to skip the last few days of level 2 and move onto Level 3 - I really really hate level 2!

Not if you are really ready for level 3 - as in, no rest, no easing up etc and it's all easy. Go for it! If it's that you can'r stand the routine, try putting some tunes on that you do like - I listened to American Idiot yesterday. Great workout as a result!

• wookaj
    wookaj Posts: 18 Member
    I did Level 2 Day 1 this morning. It definitely has more intense moves than Level 1 and for now I like it. I got so much more out of this morning's workout than Level 1!
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Okay everyone....reading these posts, it seems most everyone is pretty well on their way with this program. I haven't done it in years and would be starting again from Level 1 Day 1. Starting first thing tomorrow, as I've spent 5 hours with my 2 year old out in the sun at a Spring Training game and just not ready to tackle this till tomorrow. Am I too much of a beginner to continue with all of you?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Okay everyone....reading these posts, it seems most everyone is pretty well on their way with this program. I haven't done it in years and would be starting again from Level 1 Day 1. Starting first thing tomorrow, as I've spent 5 hours with my 2 year old out in the sun at a Spring Training game and just not ready to tackle this till tomorrow. Am I too much of a beginner to continue with all of you?

Definitely not too late! Join in :)
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    No workout today :'( . I ended up working a 2nd shift at work and won't be getting home until after 9pm. Good news is I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be, so that's good. Tomorrow I'll do level 1 day 2!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Welcome dbackgrammy! And well done ryanndavignon - we're in this for the long haul, not the short term, so working out how to fit workouts into our life is part of the key to the new us!
    I did level 1 day 5 (? - I think?) today. I cycled yesterday rather than drive. Just my way of beginning to incorporate activity into my lifestyle.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Thanks for the welcome. Good job skinnyrev2b on cycling instead of driving. I did L1 D1 today. It wasn't as bad as I had feared. Here we go for at least 30 days. Yeah!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Well done dbackgrammy! I walked and cycled 8 miles or so today, so no shred for me!
  • wookaj
    I went to a bootcamp/xfit type class last night with a friend. Felt great at the time but today my knee hurts, so I'll rest it and hopefully pick up the 30DS again tomorrow.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    I didn't do the 30ds yesterday, but I did do a 12min Jessica smith workout and a 10min ab workout with a dumbell. So I atleast go something in. Won't be able to workout again tonight cause I'm pulling another double ate it will be close tonight or after 10pm before I get home. I'm a tad sore so a day off may be for the better. Tomorrow's a new day!
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Okay, so I am a month and a half behind you all on being able to start this, whomp!

I am currently doing Jillian's Body Revolution, which I believe looks to be very similiar but is for 90 days instead.

I am currently on Phase 2, Week 7, WO8.. One more week of 7 & 8 then I jump into Phase 3 which is terrifying since I can't even get these crow pushups down yet lol.

Once I finish BR, I may be interested in doing 30DS.. Are you all seeing good results? Whats the workout schedule like?
  • skinnyrev2b
    Well done for persevering guys! Impressive stuff. Hope the work let's up soon Ryann. .. that sounds a bit rubbish.
    Welcome to the thread Kenzienal. Sounds like that's a hard W/O you're on right now. 30DS is lowering my resting heart rate (to 55...), knocking inches off (4 at the last measure) and half a stone off - in the space of 3 weeks. Now, all these are relative: water retention, basic level if fitness etc, but gives you an idea of what is entailed and what might be expected.
  • wookaj
    Ugh I was doing so well but I didn't work out yesterday or today because I haven't been feeling well. When I'm up to it I'll start back up and I'll probably end up doing a few extra days of Level 2 to make up for it. I'm getting frustrated because I'm not really seeing results. I guess I'm going to try and focus more on what I'm eating and see if that's the problem.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Hey Wookaj. Well done for keeping it real. Tomorrow is another day. Everything is relative - my weight has dropped off just now but likely will plateau for a while whilst my body recovers from the massive shakeup it's recieved. You'll see results one way or another. Just keep going...
  • LizzyK1983
    LizzyK1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Just a reminder to not rely on the scales to much! I am on Level 3 Day 5 (level 3 is awesome!) and I have lost only around 1 or 2 pounds but I am much smaller and more toned in the arms and tummy and clothes are fitting so much better now. If you feel like you aren't getting results, keep going it will happen!
  • skinnyrev2b
    I finished level 1 on day 9. I figured 1 workout less wouldn't hurt anything, and would help my sanity! Level 2 rocks. Partly novelty, but also just more dynamic.
  • wookaj
    Finally got back on track today and did Level 2 again. I'm going to jog on the treadmill later to get some more cardio in.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Whoop! Well done Wookaj.
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    I'll join too! I tried this program years ago and it was hard on me so i gave it away, but now seeing its on youtube free and people do get results for it, I want to try it again!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Climb aboard the Shred train and welcome! I cycled to work and back today, so will shred tomorrow. Quite excited about it, as I've got some new weights (2kg). Still a weakling, but getting better..