Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Debate on Dr. Sebi's work

Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Anyone else want to help me out here?

You do know what's going to happen when we hit a new page? Someone's going to quote that picture just to make sure it appears again.

So, while I am trying to help you out :wink: just mentally prepare yourself for the worst :tongue:
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I had a tiny breakfast, and I was feeling hungry again. Now? No longer an issue. I think I might be able to make it through till lunch, no problem.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    I don't even understand why a scam artist like him still creates debates. Man scammed some people selling them dreams and hopes, made some good money, passed away. The self-proclaimed Dr. title is also a nice touch though.

Its sad how these clowns are well-known but the researchers and scientists that spend years and years of their lives on real research are not even mentioned.

Co-signed.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So, do I quote the picture now?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

You go first.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Every time I see one of these frauds, there is a tiny glint of hope in me, that the first scene from the first episode of season one of Preacher could actually happen. We clearly need a loosed spirit that goes around possessing religious leaders, and making "false prophets" explode in a huge rain of gore.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Only if you don't mind when @WinoGelato drives to your house to cut you.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just popped-over to Dr. Sebi's website, home page was the store front.

Alright - Sooo, say I buy the male "All Inclusive" package - for $1,500. How much product do you get? A one-day/month/year supply? Is this recurring????

My opinion - This just screams "SCAMMMM"
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Only if you don't mind when @WinoGelato drives to your house to cut you.

Yeah, honestly I probably hate the picture as mush as she does. :)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    How do mollusks even LIVE???
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Any fun weekend activities?

Bowling for my kiddos 7th birthday...it was a good party and a lot cheaper than a lot of the typical kid party places and the adults had a good time too. The pizza was sub par, but hey...it was my kiddos birthday so sacrifices were made.
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm not really squeamish but that picture, oy vey.

You know what people like sebi do to me? Instill a deep hatred of their preying on the ill educated and vulnerable. Much like the preachers in African countries where education is hard to access, they promise the world for their followers if they just finance the outrageous lifestyles of their illustrious leader. Who promises all kinds of healing. And yes, some people will say they were cured but it's a short term placebo from the brainwashing nature of these charlatans.

And of course these preachers are often charismatic and can think on their feet pretty quickly unless really challenged by someone who knows their stuff and sees the fraudulent hypocrisy. It's absolutely disgusting and Sebi is/was absolutely disgusting.

Reggie Yates (BBC) did a documentary into these preachers and it was absolutely shocking. When they go to church there is a plethora of branded merchandise, all allegedly blessed, literally everything from toilet paper to sanitary towels. It's absolute fraud of the highest order and theft from these poor people who have little to give in the first place.

If someone wants to worship and believe in God peacefully, all good from me. When that faith is exploited for huge financial gain and puts people at serious risk from promises of healing deadly diseases I get very very angry.

I would love to see this documentary.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm not really squeamish but that picture, oy vey.

You know what people like sebi do to me? Instill a deep hatred of their preying on the ill educated and vulnerable. Much like the preachers in African countries where education is hard to access, they promise the world for their followers if they just finance the outrageous lifestyles of their illustrious leader. Who promises all kinds of healing. And yes, some people will say they were cured but it's a short term placebo from the brainwashing nature of these charlatans.

And of course these preachers are often charismatic and can think on their feet pretty quickly unless really challenged by someone who knows their stuff and sees the fraudulent hypocrisy. It's absolutely disgusting and Sebi is/was absolutely disgusting.

Reggie Yates (BBC) did a documentary into these preachers and it was absolutely shocking. When they go to church there is a plethora of branded merchandise, all allegedly blessed, literally everything from toilet paper to sanitary towels. It's absolute fraud of the highest order and theft from these poor people who have little to give in the first place.

If someone wants to worship and believe in God peacefully, all good from me. When that faith is exploited for huge financial gain and puts people at serious risk from promises of healing deadly diseases I get very very angry.

I would love to see this documentary.

Ask Google about Reggie Yates Extreme South Africa: The Millionaire Preacher
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    For @WinoGelato
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I said to myself No. No. A pancreas full of mucus? It just can't be.

But then I found this horrible picture.

74bcf94839f6e6bdb86f7e16271eef942eca46c51432c7df67552a11e605ab97.jpg

Apparently it's a mucous filled bronchogenetic cyst found in the head of the pancreas. So technically, a pancreas can be filled with mucus. Pretty sure it's rare though.

:trollface:

I was so scared to open this when I saw that you had mentioned my name in my notifications...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    While we are at it, we may as well debate unicorns.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Scotland's national animal. I am actually from the land of the unicorn. And Nessie. Potato potatoe.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    For @WinoGelato
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I said to myself No. No. A pancreas full of mucus? It just can't be.

But then I found this horrible picture.

74bcf94839f6e6bdb86f7e16271eef942eca46c51432c7df67552a11e605ab97.jpg

Apparently it's a mucous filled bronchogenetic cyst found in the head of the pancreas. So technically, a pancreas can be filled with mucus. Pretty sure it's rare though.

:trollface:

I was so scared to open this when I saw that you had mentioned my name in my notifications...

LOL.

Speaking of unicorns, I dislike them. I especially dislike it when someone refers to a unicorn as Pegasus. No. Pegasus did not have a horn, boneheads.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

I am pro any horned beasts.