30 day shred - anyone want to start with me?

Options

Replies

• Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    dshalbert wrote: »
    My first Jillian DVD was 30 Day Shred! I'm currently 6 weeks into Body Revolution. You will see results with the 30DS, but here is a bit of advice. Take rest days!! Don't do 30 days straight. If it takes you 35 -40 days to complete, so be it. So many people don't make it through because they don't give their bodies and muscles a chance to recover and over train, get knee and back issues, colds, etc. If you have knee or back issues already, check with your Dr. first. This is not a suggestion. You will still get results doing the modified version. Trust me. I've know from personal experience and have been on these 30Shred boards enough to know that about half way through, people that don't take recovery days start having issues. Other than that I love Jillian Michaels, but you know your body better than she does. FYI - if you have trouble getting up from the toilet (I know the feeling) . . you need a day or two of recovery LOL!

After reading the advice here I'm going to take rest days. I think this sounds the most sensible thing to do.
    I've done two days and my arms and legs definitely need a rest.

So here's what I'm planning to do:
    Monday 20 March: D1L1 shred workout and C25K-Week 1, workout 1, Treadmill (Wk1W1/T))
    Tuesday 21 March: D2L1 shred workout + 30 mins walk (outside)
    Wednesday 23 March: C25K-Wk1W2/T) + 30 mins walk (outside)
    Thursday: D3L1 shred workout + 30 mins walk (outside)
    Friday: D4L1 shred workout + 30 mins walk (outside)
    Saturday: C25K-Wk1W3/T + 30 mins walk (outside)
    Sunday: Rest day

All going well, I will complete my 30 day shred on 09 May and C25K on 21 May.

So it may take longer, but I'd rather do it slowly and let my body cope and recover along the way as opposed to doing too much in too short space for no reason.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    rwieber wrote: »
    Hi all....I just started today as well. I've done it before but it's been quite awhile.

Well done for starting it again, and welcome to the thread!
    FYI - if you have trouble getting up from the toilet (I know the feeling) . . you need a day or two of recovery LOL!

Thanks for the sensible advice! I decided to do some Darcey Bussell Pilates instead. Not sure I'm that much more stretched out as it's quite taxing (especially with two Rotti's 'helping' by sitting on crucial limbs or licking my face (gross!)) but at least it was a different set of movements to Jillian's which should mean active rest.

Wow Zara_Pi - doing C25k and 30DS on the same day?! You're obviously fitter than me - but you go girl! I also go for a walk every day - the 'boys' mentioned above demand it of me. ATM I take them out separately which means an hour walking every day, but that should go down to half hour a day when the OH gets back from working away. (in another week - bo hoo.)

Keep it up lovely people!

G

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    rwieber wrote: »
    Hi all....I just started today as well. I've done it before but it's been quite awhile.

Well done for starting it again, and welcome to the thread!
    FYI - if you have trouble getting up from the toilet (I know the feeling) . . you need a day or two of recovery LOL!

Thanks for the sensible advice! I decided to do some Darcey Bussell Pilates instead. Not sure I'm that much more stretched out as it's quite taxing (especially with two Rotti's 'helping' by sitting on crucial limbs or licking my face (gross!)) but at least it was a different set of movements to Jillian's which should mean active rest.

Wow Zara_Pi - doing C25k and 30DS on the same day?! You're obviously fitter than me - but you go girl! I also go for a walk every day - the 'boys' mentioned above demand it of me. ATM I take them out separately which means an hour walking every day, but that should go down to half hour a day when the OH gets back from working away. (in another week - bo hoo.)

Keep it up lovely people!

G

Haha!! My dogs are so ridiculous while I'm trying to work out too, I am pretty sure I missed a few moves yesterday because they continued to jump on me and lick and just plain wrestle together on my yoga mat. At one point one of them just layed across the middle of it, and then he started barking at me when I was doing the jumping jacks! They are big too, so it was pretty comical.

I have to walk them separately too, plus my Husband and I went to the gym! I was so tired last night, I have never slept bettter haha.

I am feeling pretty good though and I think I'm going for day two! I'm pretty sure that once I finally get weighs all that's going to change.

• WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 done...ish. I could only do 11:30 of it after doing my other workouts.

My little girl decided I was her jungle gym and that I needed a 25lb weight today.❤ My legs and abs gave out tonight. At least I started. The last few times I've started this (and never finished) I had the same issues for the first few days but that was without any other exercising.

Anyone else have a rough start?

Don't tell Jillian, but I definitely skipped a couple reps... only when I absolutely couldn't do another one! So yes, definitely a rough start... but it will get easier!

• annteja
    annteja Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today was my level 1 day 1 and the only problem I had was with the cardio after the legs part. Not to bad for the first day :)
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    annteja wrote: »
    Today was my level 1 day 1 and the only problem I had was with the cardio after the legs part. Not to bad for the first day :)

Well done annteja!
  • BlueasBlueberry
    BlueasBlueberry Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Well done!

Level 1, day 2 for me, even arm crosses hurt today. I am officially very unfit!
  • Zara_Pi
    Options

Well done!

Level 1, day 2 for me, even arm crosses hurt today. I am officially very unfit!

Well done guys, that's brilliant.
    I had a rest day today (I say rest, I didn't do the 30d shred, but I started my C25K today ); will be doing D3L1 tomorrow.

Who else is doing D3L1 tomorrow?
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Me! Gotta say, feeling better for having done pilates rather than another shred day. Still got muscle soreness but much looser than this morning. Might take some bruphen just to help them along a bit.
  • YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My DVD is on it's way in the mail. I'm fairly over weight so Idk if I will manage well. I'm just keen to start a workout and actually sticking to it. Also was thinking about starting the c25k aswell.
  • Zara_Pi
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Me! Gotta say, feeling better for having done pilates rather than another shred day. Still got muscle soreness but much looser than this morning. Might take some bruphen just to help them along a bit.

That's great! Let me know how you get on.

My muscles are still a bit sore; so glad I had a rest day today. I'm feeling much better.

I'm going to do the 30d shred workout with a rest day every two days.

Here's my timetable:

Monday: 30d shred and C25K
    Tuesday: 30d shred
    Wednesday: C25K
    Thursday: 30d shred workout
    Friday: 30d shred
    Saturday: C25K
    Sunday: Rest day

KloBlo85 wrote: »
    My DVD is on it's way in the mail. I'm fairly over weight so Idk if I will manage well. I'm just keen to start a workout and actually sticking to it. Also was thinking about starting the c25k aswell.

The main thing is that you try. And yes, you may not be able to complete it fully to begin with, (I stopped so many times and struggled with some of the exercises), but it will get easier. So stick with it and let us know how you do.

I've only done two days and I'm still rubbish at it.
    I'm also doing the C25K. Started today as I want to improve my general fitness. It went better than expected. If you do decide to do it, let me know. We can support each other.

P.S. Not sure if you have access to it, but the workout video is available on YouTube for free.
  • YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options

The main thing is that you try. And yes, you may not be able to complete it fully to begin with, (I stopped so many times and strugIled with some of the exercises), but it will get easier. So stick with it and let us know how you do.

I've only done two days and I'm still rubbish at it.
    I'm also doing the C25K. Started today as I want to improve my general fitness. It went better than expected. If you do decide to do it, let me know. We can support each other.

P.S. Not sure if you have access to it, but the workout video is available on YouTube for free. [/quote]

DVD will be arriving in the next day or so but didn't know it was online lol.... Will defs start the c25k today will let you know how i go :-)
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started Monday too! I just finished Day 3. It's getting easier in the sense I have to take less breaks, but harder in that my legs are dying lmao.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    KloBlo85 wrote: »

You'll do great, there are tons of modifications and she picked moves that anyone can do at any size.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    I got some 5 pound weights today!!!! Much more motivated now that I have proper equipment.

Doing the workout first thing tomorrow, I think I am going to start over since I only did one day and I don't feel like I fully committed as I was too busy trying to see how to do the moves and didn't have weights.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    L1D3 later today. Going to up the weights to 1.1kg (2.5lb) and see how my arms hold up to it.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Hey Klobro, and welcome FatgirlandRobin!
    So, D3 done with increased weights - yup... feeling it now! Massive difference. You go WickAndArtoo, but watch you don't injure yourself going from tins to 5lb. My 2.5lb were heavy enough. But then, I am a weakling so I should just stop judging everyone one else from my standpoint!
    Zara_Pi - yeah, I think having that active rest day really helped. I still couldn't do the whole thing without mini breaks (not even close), but I think that was more the increased weight than the muscle fatigue.
    Have a good day everyone!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Hey Klobro, and welcome FatgirlandRobin!
    So, D3 done with increased weights - yup... feeling it now! Massive difference. You go WickAndArtoo, but watch you don't injure yourself going from tins to 5lb. My 2.5lb were heavy enough. But then, I am a weakling so I should just stop judging everyone one else from my standpoint!
    Zara_Pi - yeah, I think having that active rest day really helped. I still couldn't do the whole thing without mini breaks (not even close), but I think that was more the increased weight than the muscle fatigue.
    Have a good day everyone!

Nice work!!

• fskalitsky
    fskalitsky Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started 30ds March 13th but took the weekend off due to my little one being sick and getting me sick as well! This week has been tough getting over a head cold but tomorrow will be my last day on level 1. Glad I found a group roughly at the same spot as me. :) I want those great results I have seen floating around!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    fskalitsky wrote: »
    I started 30ds March 13th but took the weekend off due to my little one being sick and getting me sick as well! This week has been tough getting over a head cold but tomorrow will be my last day on level 1. Glad I found a group roughly at the same spot as me. :) I want those great results I have seen floating around!

Wow way to go! That is awesome, I am excited to see what level 2 is like, please let us know. I totally bought the dvds based on the before/after photos I saw in a recent thread, I'm hoping so see half as much progress for myself :smiley:

I hope you kicked that cold to the curb!