30 day shred - anyone want to start with me?

Options

Replies

• Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Completed my Level 1 Day 3, and already it feels so much easier compared to day 1.
    After I'd completed it today, another one of Jillian's workout videos came on and I was seriously contemplating doing that too!

But managed to stop myself as don't want to do too much.
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to do this what day should I start

Thanks
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options

Thanks

Today! Or tomorrow :smile: or any day, we all started on different days so just dive in!

Apparently you can get the videos free on you tube... I bought mine off iTunes for ten dollars and it downloaded strait to my phone.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Thanks

But start on level 1, day 1 which ever day you start. Remember, it's harder to start than it is to finish. Getting the motivation to start the programme, then get out of bed (or in from work etc) and put on the dvd is always harder than the actual exercise (even if it kicks your butt! ) but the rewards are worth it. Xxx
  • putplese7en
    putplese7en Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day 1 30DS here :)
  • Zara_Pi
    Options
    Day 1 30DS here :)
    Hey welcome. How did it go?
  • Zara_Pi
    Options

Thanks

Hey that's great. Start asap and let us know once you've completed it. It'll be tough but you'll feel great afterwards.
  • Zara_Pi
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 completed. Still struggling with the press ups.
    Rest day tomorrow.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A bit of advice: When you get tired of hearing her say the SAME effing thing for the 3rd, 5th, 10th(!) time, just mute her and listen to music, or my favorite, run the dvd on your laptop under/next to your TV and watch what you want. You can still see her in your peripheral vision to see when to switch exercises, but don't have to listen to the same damn thing over and over.

ETA: I listened to each of the three levels 1 time to get the feel for everything. Then moved to TV/Music

Its the only way I got through 30DS when I did it. Have fun folks!
  • meli348
    meli348 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1! It went better than expected. I also had music on in the background to help keep me energized. Tomorrow I'll probably mute the TV.
  • Zara_Pi
    Options
    meli348 wrote: »
    Just finished day 1! It went better than expected. I also had music on in the background to help keep me energized. Tomorrow I'll probably mute the TV.

Great job. Keep it up!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Well done all. And thanks for the advice Lilawolf.
    I'm on a rest day today. Oh but just a bit of encouragement for you: eating 1200 calories, eating back about 100/200 calories from exercise done, I've lost 4lb this week!
  • bionerdgirl
    bionerdgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, great tips so far!
    I've recently started again on the path to being a healthier me. Started eating better this last Monday and started swimming laps daily on Tuesday (I have ankle issues so running for cardio is out for me). I'd like to incorporate an additional workout for strength training. Any suggestions on adding in the 30DS? I am able to get to the pool Tuesday-Saturday.
  • YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    So just finished Level 1 Day 1...... Found the jumping jacks? I call them star jumps lol a lil difficult as my boobs were so sore from jumping. Also feel extremely nauseated.. Idk if I can do this
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Hi everyone, great tips so far!
    I've recently started again on the path to being a healthier me. Started eating better this last Monday and started swimming laps daily on Tuesday (I have ankle issues so running for cardio is out for me). I'd like to incorporate an additional workout for strength training. Any suggestions on adding in the 30DS? I am able to get to the pool Tuesday-Saturday.
    Hi Bionerdgirl! Well done on your restart. I'm only a week in too, so we can keep each other on track!
    Adding the 30DS may well be a no for you - jumping jacks, 'skip rope' jumps, and running on the spot may all do your ankle in... which make up the cardio sessions. The rest of the weight training and abs work would be fine though. If you've got access to a bike or something you could do for the cardio sections that could be good? Or maybe work through something like pilates - great body weight exercises for increased flexibility and muscle tone?

KloBlo85 wrote: »
    So just finished Level 1 Day 1...... Found the jumping jacks? I call them star jumps lol a lil difficult as my boobs were so sore from jumping. Also feel extremely nauseated.. Idk if I can do this
    Lol! What a nightmare! Are you wearing a supportive sports bra? If not, I'd definitely invest... but keep going, even if you have to run on the spot with an arm over your boobs in the meantime!
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the game, but I'm going to start this tonight! I've only ever made it 10 or 15 days in before I stopped, but I'm determined to make I to the end this time! When I've done it before. I've seen some decent results when I did it, so I'm gonna give it a try again! I'll update tonight after my first workout!
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Well done ryanndavignon! Welcome to the thread. I've lost 4lb and 3.75 inches in a week... it is probably due to shedding water more than anything else, but hey - gotta take inspiration where you can!
  • meli348
    meli348 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well done all. And thanks for the advice Lilawolf.
    I'm on a rest day today. Oh but just a bit of encouragement for you: eating 1200 calories, eating back about 100/200 calories from exercise done, I've lost 4lb this week!

Way to go, @skinnyrev2b !

Finished Level 1 Day 3 today. It was great to feel like it's getting easier already.
  • xpinkablelove
    xpinkablelove Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1 today. I completed it about a year ago and lost over 20 lbs. I've gotten so out of shape. I kept having to stop today. Have to keep reminding myself that it gets easier.
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 as soon as I got home from work. That was 3 hours ago and I still feel like jelly, but that's good! Will do day 2 tomorrow after work. I find its easier for me to do It then vs waking up earlier in the morning to get it done. I don't have the say, I feel soooo out of shape! Hopefully over the following days I start to feel stronger. I also need to take my measurements and my "before" pictures so I have something to compare the along the way.