I eat a lot of carbs is that going to help me lose weight if I stop eating it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm a born and bred Long Islander. I'd die without pizza, pasta and bagels. As long as you measure your food out on a food scale and are eating less than you burn, you will lose weight.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    midpath wrote: »
    Yep. Because odds are you'll end up eating less and there are a few studies that found low carb eating can help your body burn up to an extra 300 cals a day.

None of those studies held protein constant. And protein is a thermogenic.

^ Correct. And the TEF of protein is significantly higher than the TEF of fat.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have tried low carb several times, always convinced I didn't stick with it long enough the time before:/ I never felt satiated on the amount of calories I needed to be eating for weight loss and if I ate til satiation I would stall or gain. I'm losing even better on CICO than low carb and enjoying my food more because...Uh carbs<3 I would eat the bagel thins instead of regular big bagels and 45 cal bread, 100 cal English muffins, special k cracker chips daily (28ish chips for 120 cals!). I also eat lots of veggies and fruit for low cals even though it wasn't allowed on low carb. 1 apple would be more than a day's carbs on Keto (low carbs) but less than 100 cals! So weird...all the things that are helping me lose weight are no-nos on low carb. I know some people who are more satiated and naturally eat less on low carb, but that's totally not me so I guess the trick is finding out that we are individuals and what worked for so&so may not work for us;)