Fart acceptance movement

Options
2»

Replies

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    @KelGen02 wrote: »
    We have farting competitions in my house... I am a Mom of 3 sons so the dinner table is always very interesting between the farting and burping... compliments to the chef ;)

Is each often followed with "did you hear that?"

He who smelt it, dealt it. But you can still blame it on the dog. :D
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    @KelGen02 wrote: »
    We have farting competitions in my house... I am a Mom of 3 sons so the dinner table is always very interesting between the farting and burping... compliments to the chef ;)

Is each often followed with "did you hear that?"

Those are what you call "Ghost Farts" :o
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    9 years later neither of us cares, we just make funny shocked faces at the other and ask if they stepped on a duck.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    There were two standard jokes in our house, both instigated by my father. The first was that when one of us farted, he would say, "I thought you played by ear!?"

The second was that he would blame it on the dog, whose name was Brindle. He would fart and say, "Brindle!!".

One day, we were over at a friend's house, and his father farted and said, "Brindle!". My brother and I almost passed out holding in the laughter. Apparently my brother's buddy had overheard my father and carried the tradition back to his house, and taught it to HIS father! Too freakin' funny!

Currently, in my house, GF and I don't make anything of it. Everyone farts. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes...it's not!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It's natural and should be acceptable. No Dutch Ovens, though.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »

LOL. I have 2 sons and my husband. I lost my girlie card years ago!!!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    wrote:
    I was literally about to put the same thing! Everyone knows ladies farts are like unicorn dust and smell of roses!

Tell that to my better half ... I beg to disagree
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    It's natural and should be acceptable. No Dutch Ovens, though.

We call it turtling and it was banned around year eight. Sometimes I miss it.

A friend of mine taught me to say, "Someone keeps farting in here," or "Was that you?"

Deep thought: if two people are on an elevator and one of them farts, they both know who did It.

I really had no idea there were so many anal retentives still around. ;) I kid. Your house, your rules.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    DW is a fully liberated free farter,
    (#sad)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    eli67 wrote: »
    My farts smell of roses so it's all good ;0))

tumblr_ns9ckhQAvS1tpri36o1_500.gif
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Meh.
    There's a time and a place for being discreet.
    I just, haven't found either yet..

Kidding!

Though, stand on the treadmill next to me at the gym when I'm doing 15+ miles - at your peril!