Insomnia Anonymous

124»

Replies

• strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Awake 3x last night, I gave up at 5am again. Melatonin is pretty much useless.

Sorry to hear that. What else have you tried?

I actually slept for about 3 hours last night so it was a good one for me I don't think any of my meds helped any it was just that my body was more worn out cause I haven't gotten past 2 hours in a while.

I got my doctor to take me back off the Sonata which was making me sick and I'm gonna try Restoril again it didn't help me at all it the past but it never made me sick so it's worth a shot to try again. I haven't gotten a chance to try the liquid melatonin that was suggested before so maybe if I mix the two that will help.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

I actually slept for about 3 hours last night so it was a good one for me I don't think any of my meds helped any it was just that my body was more worn out cause I haven't gotten past 2 hours in a while.

I got my doctor to take me back off the Sonata which was making me sick and I'm gonna try Restoril again it didn't help me at all it the past but it never made me sick so it's worth a shot to try again. I haven't gotten a chance to try the liquid melatonin that was suggested before so maybe if I mix the two that will help.

Ok, to be fair... I still sleep more than most of you here! I just wake up every morning around 4am and it's really tough to get back to sleep (so I often get 6 hours of sleep, but I really need 8).

I'm reluctant to try anything else though, I'm extremely sensitive to meds and I don't want to be completely out of it all day because of it (I can't even take a low dose of painkillers without being knocked out after 30 minutes!). And falling asleep is usually not a problem, it's the waking up and not being able to go back to sleep part that is.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member

Ok, to be fair... I still sleep more than most of you here! I just wake up every morning around 4am and it's really tough to get back to sleep (so I often get 6 hours of sleep, but I really need 8).

I'm reluctant to try anything else though, I'm extremely sensitive to meds and I don't want to be completely out of it all day because of it (I can't even take a low dose of painkillers without being knocked out after 30 minutes!). And falling asleep is usually not a problem, it's the waking up and not being able to go back to sleep part that is.

My body is just more used to the amount that I get and you might have more activity that I do so that might be why you get a little more it's still hard reguardless.

I personally have issues with both I can't fall asleep and I wake up several times throughout the night so that's probably why I'm so limited.

Plus I seem to be the opposite of you I'm super resistant to like every medication. When I was given pain meds for the first time after I had my gall bladder removed they did absolutely nothing for me at all it was horrible! I am currently on a pain management regiment for back issues and I have to wear a patch constantly and take pills for break through pain very often (one thing I hope exercising will reduce the pain and help get me off).