What song(s) do you absolutely hate?

Options

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Blurred Lines. My daughter LOVES it and I just want to scratch my ear drums out when I hear it.
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I hate mostly any song from 1990 and afterwards. :grumble:
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    that song that asks me if i ever felt like a plastic bag - - - don't know/care who sings it or what it is called, but i f*cking HATE it. No b*tch - i have never felt like a damn plastic bag.

Now THAT made me laugh so hard. Worked my abs last night, not a good thing to laugh too much right now :P
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    nicki minaj ..makes my ears bleed

ARRRRG!!!
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Loving You by Minnie Riperton... AHHH I hope it doesn't get in my head now!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    PUMPED UP KICKS----i HATE this song and what it means, i think it should be banned from ever being played again for what it stands for and i don't think kids should be listening to crap like this. How many school shootings have there been and what do they do make a song about it, makes me so mad.

I'm not trying to talk you into liking the song...

But I do not think that song means what you think it means.

I think you are completely misinterpreting it.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Adele - Rumor Has It. This song actually makes me nauseous...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I hate all of today's mainstream hits that are being played on the radio.
    this
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I still jump over seats/people to change the channel or station when MMMBop by Hanson comes on- I seriously cannot stand that song. Words cannot describe the depths of despise I have for that song.
    If I Die Young by The Band Perry- So overplayed, and I didn't like to begin with. Now I just hate it.
    Anything by Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and OneDirection.
    Hey Jude- I've heard it get butchered in Chinese karaokes so much I still can't listen to it without flashing back.

THEY STILL PLAY MMMBOP BY HANSON???
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    If I hear Daft Punk "Get Lucky" one more time, I may vomit. It was catchy at first, but now it's played over and over again on all stations. I can't escape it. /shudder
  • ElikaCousland
    ElikaCousland Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mirrors - Justin Timberlake. It's like the only song they're playing on the radio right now, and it makes me want to claw my ears off.
  • steffij100
    steffij100 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. She sets my teeth on edge.

And anything, but anything, by Michael Buble. Seems a lovely guy, certainly easy on the eye, but just can't bear his saccharine coated music.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Bruno Mars - Heaven...you seriously couldn't come up better lyrics (you're sex takes me to heaven - ugh)!
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can't listen to any of Die Antwoords music.

I think it's embarrassing that they represent South African music. But my boyfriend absolutely loves them - I don't get it.

Maybe I'm getting too old.
    You're not too old. I don't like them either, and I don't understand why so many people had Ten$ion on their Top 10 lists last year.

But to each his own, right?

original_zpsb2d82c8b.gif
    *edited [grammar]
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Blurred Lines. My daughter LOVES it and I just want to scratch my ear drums out when I hear it.

OMG I hate hate hate this song! And it's everywhere this summer. When he says "wanna get nasty" all I can think of is Peter's Griffin's Officer Nasty. It's Officer Nasty

Make it go away pleasssssssssssssssse!

thumbnail_26782.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Have You Forgotten - Daryl Whorley and mostly all other country music after 1990.
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Thrift Shop by Macklemore! I used to like....But after 5000 times of hearing, I am DONE!
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Maybe not a true "song" so much as more of a "jingle". I hate the "Stronger than the Storm" song from the New Jersey commercials inviting people to come back to NJ beaches after Superstorm Sandy. No, we're not stronger than the damn storm, or it wouldn't have annihilated the state and a branch wouldn't have broken my husband's rear windshield on his car. How about "we rebuilt after the storm"? I guess that's not as "catchy".

I imagine only people who live in the NJ/DE/PA area probably even know what I'm talking about but isn't it annoying?!? :mad:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    'Try' by Blue Rodeo .... severe ear worm song.***shudder*** My husband will wander the house singing it and I want to stab him.... or myself just to avoid hearing it.
  • jbc43221
    jbc43221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Barnie - (raising two girls in the early 90s)
    anything by the Beastie Boys