Long term low Carbers

Options
Does anyone do a long term low carb diet? What has your experience been with it and what kinda of foods do you love?

I've done low carb now for ten days and I feel full without any cravings and have lost 6 pounds. Seems like it's agreeable to my body and I don't mind it. I still eat fruit and have some dairy. Wondering if anyone does this forever. Thanks

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Try the Low Carber Daily MFP group. That's where most of the low carbers hang out. There are many in there who have been doing it for quite a few years, from almost zero carb up to 100-150g of carbs per day (or 0-40% depending on your caloric intake). http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

I've been LCHF ketogenic for almost two years. I imagine I'll stay LCHF, and mostly ketogenic, for the rest of my life. Hopefully another 40 odd years.

It's worked well for me too. My health has improved in many ways; some on purpose (blood glucose control and autoimmune issues) and others were a happy side effect (better skin, energy, cognition). It also reduced my appetite and helped me lose 40 lbs. I used to need to eat every few hours due to reactive hypoglycemia. Now? I rarely eat before 1pm and then just eat normal LCHF meals. No need to snack anymore.

I miss eating sugary treats once in a while but eating higher carb makes me feel poorly. It isn't worth it. At all. I like LCHF foods now. I'll probably stay LCHF.