Do you eat what you want?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I do not eat everything I want because I'd be big as a house if I did. Even if I only had one bite, I'd be overeating if I ate everything I want. But I do eat what want most, and everything I eat is something I want. I don't waste calories on things I don't like.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Not really! I can at times make things work but for the most part when I want to see results I try and eat what I need and what will be the most beneficial for me. The part of me that does eat what I want, eats food that I cook using ingredients that I like and I don't sub low fat or sugar free things in my diet. If I want Ice Cream it will be real, full fat ice cream although not in the amount that I would like but what does fit.

I think when people say that they forget to add the details, yes I ate a whole pizza by myself - but it was a WW low-fat . . . whatever but someone new to weight loss and calorie counting doesn't necessarily get that.
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yes, kind of, mostly, it usually takes a bit of planning.

I had to get new tires today and there is a chicken restaurant nearby, I knew I really wanted some buffalo chicken wings for lunch.
    I really thought about what I was realistically prepared to do the rest of the evening (working late, then headed to yoga class, I will probably have a Greek yogurt and veggies for dinner).
    Looked up the nutrition info on the chicken restaurant's website, and calculated what portion of their buffalo chicken finger meal I could fit into my calories for the day.
    (Had two chicken tenders, most of the fries, half the ranch dressing, and, if I skipped the coleslaw, I could eat all the Texas toast because I love it too too much.)

On 'normal' days, when I end up with extra calories in the evening I love indulging in a small serving of fancy ice cream or a couple cookies.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Caloriewise? To an extent.

Unless something changes, TMJ will keep me from eating the raw baby carrots I'd want and forces me to stick to softer foods during flare ups.
    Money keeps me from eating more seafood.
  • GaveYouPower
    GaveYouPower Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Nope.. If I did this would be my life:

fat-woman.jpg

Shouldn't laugh but .. Lmao! This *kitten* is funny.

And yes, I do largely eat what I feel. However if I know a particular cookie of such is likely to cause me to surpass my caloric allotment due to my love for them, I'll peacefully do without it.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Something else that is missed is that we all follow up "I eat whatever I want" WITH "if it fits our calories and macros". There are things I'd love to have, but they don't fit. If it don't fit don't force it.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Uh.. I just finished making 45 chocolate chip cookies.. and I ate one. It fits into my plan, so hooray!

But mostly, yes. I just have to make sure I know it's going to occur so I can look at my "plan" for the day, if you will.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    The stuff we "eat whatever we want" folks are eating is important, but equally important is the stuff we're *not* eating.

Well, there is that. Knowing that we'll want to fit certain foods into our calorie limits usually means that we have to choose not to eat other foods, to ensure that we can. Am I going to want that piece of cake my sister-in-law made and is saving for me? Then I'd better not have that chocolate earlier in the day. (Even if, on other days, that chocolate will fit in perfectly well.)

The point of the question is usually if there are any foods that MUST be avoided if we're to lose weight. Even if we're in a calorie deficit, will anything make us gain? The real answer to that is no, but that doesn't mean we don't have to make choices once in a while.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    If it fits into your calories like cookies, chips, ect:? I don't mean every day obviously.
    . I eat clean enough to hit my macros and "dirty" enough to retain my sanity and enjoy life.

I'm using this answer from now on.

Agreed. Perfect description.
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Ice cream makes the world go 'round.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If it fits into your calories like cookies, chips, ect:? I don't mean every day obviously.

Yes, and every day if it fits. I make sure it fits.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Nope.. If I did this would be my life:

fat-woman.jpg

That's missing the important bit about "if it fits into your calories"
  • achoulat395
    achoulat395 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would do this but it would be a slippery slope for me.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want but not in the quantities I want
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yep I do it all the time. As long as it fits into my calorie goals it's okay to eat. Now saying that I do keep an eye on my macros especially protein..
    Lost approximately 80 pounds I've kept it off for eight months. During that time I've had the occasional Wendy's hamburger pizza and plenty of beers on the beach. If I had to give those up I couldn't have done this