April Fitness Challenges

Options

Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My first challenge so definitely could use some help for accountability, but I'll be checking in also! I'm going to start with the oblique challenge but I'll probably be adding in some of the full body exercises as well.
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    I'm going to do the full body. I have a beach trip planned for June, so I want to make the most out of these next two months.

WELCOME! Glad to have you with us <3

Let's do this!
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in for the full body. (deep breath)
    I've been starting over after a health set-back, but I need something to help me reboot. Anyone else do theirs first thing in the morning? I think that would be my best bet.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »
    Ok, I'm in for the full body. (deep breath)
    I've been starting over after a health set-back, but I need something to help me reboot. Anyone else do theirs first thing in the morning? I think that would be my best bet.

That's when I do mine. If I don't, I will end up skipping and have to make it up. Towards then end, that gets rough!!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @ladyreva78 You can do it! I had to look at that image twice to verify I saw a push up in there.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm gonna try this. See if I manage pushing myself like I need to. I'm going to start with the obliques and triceps dips.
  • newstart7788
    newstart7788 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @ladyreva78

Thank you so much for the info.

I'm definitely in!

• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm in thanks .
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    <<~~~okay going for the gold, full body AND tricep dips, :). Remember, I said, I was kind of nuts, seeeeee, lol I can do this, bring on the challenge :)

I must be nuts too i'm joining you
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    @newstart7788 My pleasure :smile: Enjoy the challenge!

@tdbernrd Considering how abysmal I am at pushups, that's going to be fun... But yeah... with pushup. :flushed:
  • aamaria88
    aamaria88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!!!!
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'll be going for the tricep and oblique workouts.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 771 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm new here, sounds like a great group with great challenges! I'm in for triceps, maybe obliques. I fractured my left knee so I'm not sure if I can do the woodchopper and planks! What size weights should we use for biceps? I'm excited B)
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,664 Member
    Options
    Of course I'm in, looks like I'll be modified some of these tho, but I enjoy the challenges.
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Lipstick_chick1960 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    No way. ...i could never stick to that....but good luck.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »
    I'm new here, sounds like a great group with great challenges! I'm in for triceps, maybe obliques. I fractured my left knee so I'm not sure if I can do the woodchopper and planks! What size weights should we use for biceps? I'm excited B)

I'm doing the march challenge using a 5kg dumbbell. I started lower but it felt 'too easy'. I regret that now :tongue: Then again, I'll be trying the 7.5kg for this challenge to see if/how I'm progressing.

I suggest you just pick up a weight and try it on for size. If you feel it's too easy, take it up one notch. If you feel it's too hard, go down one size. Try to challenge your muscles (a bit of a burn is good) but not over-strain (pain is not good).

Good luck!
  • choudharysheetal2410
    Options
    I am in for 30 days full body workout goal..
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »

I'm doing the march challenge using a 5kg dumbbell. I started lower but it felt 'too easy'. I regret that now :tongue: Then again, I'll be trying the 7.5kg for this challenge to see if/how I'm progressing.

I suggest you just pick up a weight and try it on for size. If you feel it's too easy, take it up one notch. If you feel it's too hard, go down one size. Try to challenge your muscles (a bit of a burn is good) but not over-strain (pain is not good).

Good luck!

^^ What she said! ^^

Our goal here is to make it through the month injury free! Always start light. Give that weight a day or two before progressing. Any time you feel uncomfortable or pain STOP. We want to see you complete the entire challenge successfully!

Best!

• MyweightlossAngela
    MyweightlossAngela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in