Ladies do you change your diet plan during your period?

Options
I am having crazy cravings right now since I'm almost on my period. I'm trying to eat within my deficit but its hard.

What do you ladies do when it comes to period hunger? Do you eat more salty/sweet foods than you normally would and stay within your deficit?

Replies

• Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I drink more water! I honestly just suck it up and exercise more when I know it's coming to distract myself from just sitting and thinking of eating all the chocolate I can find! There have been months where I gave in a bit, just don't over do it!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    I work chocolate in just about every day. If I want it during my period I have it, I just make sure it fits my goal.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I eat maintenance cals for 1 or 2 days if I need to. I find that if I try to force my way past the cravings I'm more likely to break and go overboard. It can't hurt to try to power thru it, but don't feel bad if you just have to cut yourself a little slack, just don't let it get out of hand :)

This is my attitude :smile: I was craving Twisties (Australian snack) which I haven't eaten or craved in years but for some reason I wanted it yesterday and ate a whole packet going over my daily intake by 500 calories. Oh well!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My weight loss usually drags for a few days before and during. So frustrating even though I'm going to bed with 1000 calorie deficit from hard exercise!

For cravings, I make sure within my calorie deficit but I only eat what really want.

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I never know when mine is coming. Irregular. And now that I'm 35 my pms is borderline pmdd and it's awful just awful. I'm really going to target down my diet, I'm starting whole 30 and just give this a try. Along with some natural herbs. It's tough being a women.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Maintenance calorie day.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No really.. periods never affect me much.. at least I'd like to think so.. my husband might disagree :p
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    No, nor my exercise. Keeping to normal gets me through crap days better than indulging anything.
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been allowing myself extra calories on my mega-craving days but I try to still eat less than maintenance calories (unless it's a really hard day).
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I try not to, mainly because I have noticed that if I'm sticking to my calories during I get a bit of a weightloss whoosh after its finished. I still give in to cravings though and try to fit them in, sometimes I fail but that's life.
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Things I have tried, eating a tsp of extra virgin coconut oil, yes it has calories but deals with the craving and stops me inhaling half a block of chocolate. Some studies as described here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2753428/ say that taking Chromium Picolinate helps with carb cravings. I have it but forget to take it :neutral: . There are some who say that taking L-glutamine helps with cravings but this is not proven. Otherwise instead of going for sugar and fat try eating slow carbs with protein which help keep your blood sugar even. Also eating every 2-3 hours helps to stave off the cravings. Otherwise if the carb cravings are related to candida( like I have) the herb Pau Dárco helps me by keeping it in check. HTH.
  • CAMOLOVELADY
    CAMOLOVELADY Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Most days I am under calorie allowance so being able to eat the craving during my period is a great way to overcome a major eating binge.

• M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just eat at maintenance for a day or 2 at the start and if I'm craving I'll have it. It's only a day or 2. I'll make up for it by cutting back after or doing a couple of longer workouts
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water. But I have also learned that giving into yr cravings every now and again won't result in undoing all my hard work.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The only difference is that I bleed :| I don't feel any need to eat any differently, so I eat the same.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    miinanov wrote: »
    Ladies do you change your diet plan during your period?

What do you ladies do when it comes to period hunger? Do you eat more salty/sweet foods than you normally would and stay within your deficit?

No, I do not change my diet plan during my period.

I keep eating the same way as always and I keep exercising as planned.

• KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I struggle to even stay at maintenance for about a week just before my period, so I try to up my exercise during this week and then be super good the rest of the month!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    No, I have said no to cravings for so long I no longer get them. It usually is just a notion to us that we crave something imo.