Replies

• theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    i sure did. from 210 to 124
  • Emilycip
    Emilycip Posts: 10
    Options
    I have lost 50+ without stepping in a gym. I highly recommend fitnessblender.com. Great workout vids that really get you sweating and toned. You can find ones from 5 mins to 90 mins depending on your time. Great blend of tabata,cardio,strength training. Once I got more fit, I started running and love it! Good luck!
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just 30 lbs here at home and yes walking outside works wonders
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Options
    Yes. Lost and kept it off for 3 years so far without setting foot in a gym.

Walk, bike, run, swim, exercise cycle at home on lazy/rainy days. Maybe some pushups and situps if I'm feeling adventurous, lol.
  • Sarab120
    Sarab120 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When i started my weight was 180 Lbs. I wanted to loose 60 lbs. I'm down 30 all from working out from home. In my case working from home is best for me. I can't give myself the excuse about not having time to go to the gym. I have a treadmill and lots of workout videos ranging from 15 min to 45. This works well for me.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have not stepped foot in a gym... and have lost about 57lbs starting weight 203lbs...now 146.

0c58a284-a329-4279-8c4b-fd5bc77b3062_zps805f4ba0.jpg
  • JohnMessmer
    JohnMessmer Posts: 536
    Options
    Walk, then walk some more, finally walk some more. Save the DVD's for when its raining, snowing, or so miserably hot that it is dangerous to go out for a walk, in the meantime...walk and drink as much water as you can possibly drink, and then drink some more water. It is free to walk, and free to drink water..It is all I have done...well and logged every morsel of food until I could trust myself to accurately account for my caloric intake. Now I stay at the calories MFP recommends, I walk, and I drink water. It is just that simple, and just that hard.

Edit: Spend a little money on a Fitbit. Sounds silly, but that stupid little digital pedometer is one motivating little ****.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm down 45lbs so far and don't go to the gym either. I have a treadmill for winter cardio workouts, but I also run (outside in the nice weather) and use DVD's for strength training & abs. You don't NEED a gym membership. You don't NEED a treadmill or any other cardio machines. Just get off your butt and move. There are tons of workout DVD's available on the internet that you can try out. You can buy hand weights if they are required for your workouts. Way less expensive than dishing out a monthly membership fee. You just have to be disciplined and schedule your workout time into your day and you CAN do it without going to the gym.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 80-100 I could say without a gym mostly running but started on a treadmill at the gym dunno if I could have actually done it without the gym exposing myself like that just getting started I dont think I could have done it without the atmosphere. Now I do not belong to a gym and I love my daily runs and do some bodyweight stuff at work (I am very fortunate).
  • maresbears87
    Options
    Just shared my success story on this with some pics:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1059377-70-pounds-lost-with-pics

I lost 70 without a gym. You definitely don't need one, there are so many great opportunities to work out at home. You can go for a walk, do a workout dvd,or just blast some Pandora and dance like crazy :)
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 70 lbs and have never stepped foot inside a gym. All my workouts at home - TAEBO, fitnessblender.com, ZUMBA, running...Also have dumbells of varying weights that are incorporated for strength and resistance work. My before and afters are on my profile. Although, I still have another 10-15 to go...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!