any keto dieters out there?

Options
where are thou? roll call

Replies

• SweetJordan87
    SweetJordan87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new and have only been doing keto for 4 days and I'm already down 5 pounds. Say whaaaat lol
  • ctripp924
    ctripp924 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started keto about a week ago. Down 3lbs ish.
  • lemonchatta
    lemonchatta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my second round of the keto diet. You lose weight quickly but then you'll start to plateau. Don't get discouraged by this. The weight you lose in the first couple of weeks is a lot of the water weight. Be sure to do intermittent fasting as that is what helps burn the fat on your body.
  • prairiegirl04
    prairiegirl04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've never been one to discuss anything on MFP because I don't really feel I have much to contribute to help anyone but I just might here. First of all, I'm 65 years old, take no medications, and have been a member of MFP over six years. Although I am a naturally thin person, I had a few pounds to lose a few years ago to get to my ideal weight of around 115 and have maintained it for the most part all these years logging in every day and just being aware of what goes in my mouth. About 4 months ago I went to see a nutritionist, Debbie, not to lose weight but to improve my eating habits and try to keep my BP down without going on meds in the future. She put me on what I now know is a ketogenic diet. Let me tell you, I went from Little Debbie to Debbie Downer, kicking and screaming, but I stuck with it and now feel great. BP is amazingly low. Anyway, the point you might be interested in is what happened to my weight. It fell off, in spite of eating plenty of calories. How do I know the types of foods and oils I ate made a difference? Because it was all documented on MFP. I ended up 107 pounds!! I was actually getting scared because she had to keep adding more food to keep it from going down. I've been eating around 2000 calories a day now and finally gained a couple pounds back over the last few weeks. Then I heard a guy on the radio say that when you're eating keto you can eat around an extra 30% more food per day. I believe he spouted some scientific reasons but if I hadn't been keeping track on MFP all these years I wouldn't have realized in my case just how true it was for me!! So, a keto nutrition plan I started on for health reasons caused my weight to drop off, no doubt.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Yes, there are quite a few in here. LCHF topics are usually brought up there.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've never been one to discuss anything on MFP because I don't really feel I have much to contribute to help anyone but I just might here. First of all, I'm 65 years old, take no medications, and have been a member of MFP over six years. Although I am a naturally thin person, I had a few pounds to lose a few years ago to get to my ideal weight of around 115 and have maintained it for the most part all these years logging in every day and just being aware of what goes in my mouth. About 4 months ago I went to see a nutritionist, Debbie, not to lose weight but to improve my eating habits and try to keep my BP down without going on meds in the future. She put me on what I now know is a ketogenic diet. Let me tell you, I went from Little Debbie to Debbie Downer, kicking and screaming, but I stuck with it and now feel great. BP is amazingly low. Anyway, the point you might be interested in is what happened to my weight. It fell off, in spite of eating plenty of calories. How do I know the types of foods and oils I ate made a difference? Because it was all documented on MFP. I ended up 107 pounds!! I was actually getting scared because she had to keep adding more food to keep it from going down. I've been eating around 2000 calories a day now and finally gained a couple pounds back over the last few weeks. Then I heard a guy on the radio say that when you're eating keto you can eat around an extra 30% more food per day. I believe he spouted some scientific reasons but if I hadn't been keeping track on MFP all these years I wouldn't have realized in my case just how true it was for me!! So, a keto nutrition plan I started on for health reasons caused my weight to drop off, no doubt.

Congratulations!
  • prairiegirl04
    prairiegirl04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Good luck!
  • yungdidit216
    yungdidit216 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my second round of the keto diet. You lose weight quickly but then you'll start to plateau. Don't get discouraged by this. The weight you lose in the first couple of weeks is a lot of the water weight. Be sure to do intermittent fasting as that is what helps burn the fat on your body.

I do ckd carb up every week lost 20 pounds in less then 2 weeks carb up are very important when it comes to plateaus
  • yungdidit216
    yungdidit216 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Congratulations!

Congrats!