Girls! Have you changed body shape after losing weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• redlipsticklyfe
    redlipsticklyfe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nope - same shape - hourglass before - better hourglass as I lose.

This.

Also
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Lift weights to change your shape.

Most people would describe me as "curvy" with big hips, small-er waist and I'm "Pear" shaped.

When I was 20 I was lifting heavy weights 3 days a week and running a lot, pictures of me from back then are NOT pear shaped. I look more like a gymnast with tiny hips that V-shape up to my broad shoulders.

The only way to truly change your shape is to lift weights heavy and often. If you just want to be a smaller version of yourself already, simply having less fat on your body will accomplish that.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your body shape is going to stay the same; you will just get smaller. If you are an apple, pear, or hourglass, you will stay that shape. I lost inches in my waist, but very slowly. I carry my weight mostly in my lower body, so that didn't change. I'm the same proportions pretty much, but all my measurements went down.
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My body did change; partial because i Started to gain weight when I was around 18 years old. Now I am 26 and I have lost 16 kilo's. My body has matured and I could not see this due to the extra fat around hips and belly, now that I do see this I am loving my grown up body ^^
  • nadjeoriega
    Options
    I weighed 240lbs at my biggest I am now at 135 and i am trying to get to 125lbs , also i am 5'7. I was a classic apple shape at my highest weight. Carried all my weight on my stomach , chest, shoulders, back, sides, and thighs. When i was around 190lbs i had a s-curved waist but still carried weight on my chest , stomach , shoulders and I had a muffin top. Now im an hourglass shape, small hourglass. My shoulders and hips are the same measurement., my waist is 24inches. I always had boobs but the stomach took away from my butt. With some excercise I can say now i have a booble butt. But the honest truth the weightloss for an appleshape and especialy to change your shape with weightloss is getting your hormonal balance checked and your blood sugar. Once you have those undercontrol which i had to take meds for and herbs i lost weight fast and my body became propetionate. My mother was gained weight as either a pear or apple. When she slimmed down she was an hourglass. Its possible to change your body shape especailly for an apple most apple shape women or that shape because of their hormones ..ie depression, sugar levels, cortison levels, adrenal glands. Its possible ladies it is. I wont upload pics yet im not at my desired weight but when i am i will update.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Exercising problem areas will make a difference, but really your overall shape will stay the same. Now if you can remember what you looked like at a normal weight that's more than likely what you're headed back too.
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My body shape will more than likely never change unless I get a boob job because I don't see my hips getting much smaller.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I was a stick figure, too, until I had children and gained some weight and became curvy. Then when I gained a LOT of weight, I rounded out all over...lol. now that I am losing, my waist is coming back. I like the general shape, I am just working to make it a bit smaller.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 158lbs right now and I've been losing weight since the first of this month at a rate of about 3 pounds per week. I really hate my waist (measurements are 38 32 40).
    I was wondering if any of you had actually lost a lot of inches on your waist? Like enough to become hourglass/pear from Apple/straight?
    I don't want to have a big waist forever T.T
    The smallest size waist you can have depends on your torso size, short, medium or long. If you have 2" or less between the very top of your hip bone (the arch) and the bottom rib, that is a small torso, and the smallest size for that is about 27". If you have a medium (also called combination) torso (2" to 4") the smallest waist you can have is about 24". If you have a long torso, 4" or more, the smallest waist you can have is 17". The reason for this is because inside your torso there must be room for your body organs you need to survive, the less room there is, the wider your torso has to be to fit everything. You are not imagining things when you think people with long torsos have an easier time having flatter stomachs/smaller waists, on the other hand the other 2 types can have nicer legs.

Now you know based on your torso size what the smallest waist you can have is, best way to get there? Lift weights...heavy ones. Just love the body you have and make the most of it.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I was an apple now I'm an hourglass .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!