Why am i now gaining??

Options
2»

Replies

• mheat003
    mheat003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! We've gotta persevere :)
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You said you're eating nearly all exercise calories as well. I wonder if you're going by the calories that MFP gives you for your exercise? If so, just know that it typically gives excess calories and it may be beneficial to try eating 25-50% of those exercise cals rather than all of them:)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    You said you're eating nearly all exercise calories as well. I wonder if you're going by the calories that MFP gives you for your exercise? If so, just know that it typically gives excess calories and it may be beneficial to try eating 25-50% of those exercise cals rather than all of them:)

I was about to ask this!
  • YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Not all but most. Will defs cut that down
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    New exercise will cause you to retain water. It will go away within a couple weeks.
    You may not be eating enough.

How would not eating enough cause someone to gain weight?

If you don't eat enough, you body will begin to store fat. It will not allow itself to starve. You need to have enough fuel to burn calories. Your car will not run without gas nor will your body run with out proper nutrition. You should aim for about a 500 calorie a day deficit for a steady loss. More exercise = more food. Proper food.

I'll give you your car won't run without gas, in human equivalents it would mean you were feeling tired, sluggish. What is proper food? I probably shouldn't show you the can of reddiwhip in my fridge I bet...

OP, keep at it and you should see loss as long as you're sure you're being as accurate as you can be. :smile: A lot of us eat back about 50% exercise calories especially if MFP or a potentially inaccurate fitness band might be overestimating calories (MFP does).