Wild orange doterra

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I love essential oils. I have a cupboard full. I put tea tree oil on to my floor cloths, lime oil on to my toilet brush. Lavendar near my bed and a whole host of others on cotton pads on the back of radiators when I turn them on, all sorts of things.

But to ingest them? No. Nothing speeds metabolism except exercise. It is something someone has made up to sell you something.

I live essential oils as well. I also do not ingest them.

Furthermore, I stay far away from MLMs like Young Living. Knew someone who used to sell for them.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I love essential oils. I have a cupboard full. I put tea tree oil on to my floor cloths, lime oil on to my toilet brush. Lavendar near my bed and a whole host of others on cotton pads on the back of radiators when I turn them on, all sorts of things.

But to ingest them? No. Nothing speeds metabolism except exercise. It is something someone has made up to sell you something.

I live essential oils as well. I also do not ingest them.

Furthermore, I stay far away from MLMs like Young Living. Knew someone who used to sell for them.

That's what's great about the herbal teas I recommended. Between meal pick-me-up and no MLM needed without any need to worry about whether or not they're actually safe to ingest. And they're loads cheaper too.

I am posting partly tongue in cheek here, but really, if you want a drink between meals with some flavor, just get the water flavor enhancers or drink herbal tea. Essential oils are a marketing gimmick to part you with cash and not meant for consumption.

I do like the smell of lavender oil. I use it to scent the facial oil wash I make for myself.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You know what's delicious and saves lots of money and isn't a marketing gimmick? The line of Zinger herbal teas from Celestial Seasonings.

They have a Lemon and a Tangerine flavor. They make a great between meal beverage that's zero calorie and you can get them at most supermarkets.

My favorites flavor is the Red Zinger.

I'm not sure that the herbs contain miniscule amounts of something "essential", but whatever they do or don't contain, they're tasty, zero calorie, and make no spurious claims.

I completely forgot about these! Very enjoyable teas. Thanks for the reminder.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    By what mechanism could it do that, exactly?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pd150koshbxv.gif
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    pd150koshbxv.gif

Dangit...