No gym membership stuck at home! Suggestions?

Trying to figure out effective work outs at home!

Replies

• Joe_Cool_Part_Deux
    Joe_Cool_Part_Deux Posts: 54 Member
    The important thing is to stay under on your calories.. That's how you lose weight !! Exercise is good for the heart and body but to lose weight you must eat less !!! I learned this because I'm not able to exercise much because of major back surgery .. Good Luck !
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    may be get a spin bike
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,119 Member
    I second the Youtube videos - I really like the HASFIT channel - hundreds of free videos for all fitness levels. Many of them don't need any equipment or just a pair of dumbells, so no major outlay or storage space required.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I found this article most useful and encouraging. Sneakers, yoga mat, and a computer (You Tube)
  • fullylugged
    fullylugged Posts: 67 Member
    Right now, I'm between sets of push-ups. I do 3 sets today along with 3 sets of pull-ups on a bar that hangs in a doorway. (available online or at Wal-MArt, Target, etc). On alternating days, I do 3 sets of sit-ups and 3 of chin-ups. It works well. You can also do planks. Walking, jogging, or cycling are all fine for cardio.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    if you have youtube - I like fitnessblender - they have about 500 different videos of workouts - all different lengths/types/equipment required (most just require a set of dumbbells)
  • ballardf
    ballardf Posts: 53 Member
    Can you afford a new or used Total Gym? I started out with a used one. Loved it so much I invested in a brand new one. Still don't go to a gym. They store easily and take up hardly any room. You can exercise every muscle group on it as well.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    definetly https://www.fitnessblender.com/ amazing and free!!!!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    The "Buff Dudes" on youtube have a lifting routine for people who workout at the house.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    you tube videos are great or if you have the funds beach body has a bunch of programs you could try to do at home with out a gym depending on what you chose you may only need a few set of weights
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    I've found some great workout videos through searching on Pinterest. There's also "Daily Burn" which you can get on Roku or other Smart devices, but you have to pay. Still, Lots of variety available.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    If you have a Smartphone look up ShvagerFM. They have a TON of great fitness apps. 100 Pushups, 100 Pullups, Crunches, Lower Body, Full Body....you name it. You pick the workout and just go. Tracks your progress and gives you reminders for your next session too! Everything you need! I use the Pushup Challenge and Burpee Challenge myself.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    There are tons of work out videos. Also if you can afford a used wii there is EA Sports Active 2. It is fun because it like doing all the work out videos but it is a program so you aren't doing the same thing over and is easy to follow and makes it fun seeing your personal results. It comes with a resistance band but you can change the settings and use weights instead. It also has a heart rate monitor, so that is cool.

I have never go to the gym. I use that, zumba, just dance, an exercise bike and weights for all my work outs. Or I go for walks.
  • seika1385
    seika1385 Posts: 11 Member
    I don't have tons of room in my apt for a lot of the fitness equips...I got an exercise step from Walmart to get in cardio when I'm home watching TV...and excercise bands that hook round a door for resistance training....Check out fitness blender they have lots of free workout videos as well
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    I am a disabled veteran with a 30% disability in both of my feet and work 13 hour days. I still walk 6 miles daily, chase/am chased by puppy at the dog park on weekends, do high intensity interval training, belly dance (to avoid stomping my feet), tai chi, yoga, chi gong, etc. I have FABULOUS biceps and deltoids. You are only limited by your imagination.
  • scorsar
    scorsar Posts: 3 Member
    Have you heard of Freeletics? I've just started - seems pretty good.
  • scorsar
    scorsar Posts: 3 Member
    it's an app on the App store
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    I work out from home. I use DDP Yoga. I really enjoy it.