No gym membership stuck at home! Suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Try this site - http://darebee.com/ - mostly body weight workouts though they do have a few with weights or other items, but most need nothing than some space to do them. I'm not a huge fan of videos but there are some on youtube that are okay (fitness blender, etc). There is no real need to get any special equipment if you don't want to...just go for walks initially and build up your time/distance and/or do some body weight workouts.
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sit ups, push ups, lunges, squats, walking, burpees, planks, etc. The number of things you can do without equipment is only limited by your mind.

I used to see a personal trainer regularly back in my early 20s and like 80% of the work outs we did were body weight type things that could be done by anyone anywhere. He did this not because he didn't have the equipment but because he wanted to empower his clients with the ability to have a solid, great work out any time anywhere.
  • sfixler97
    sfixler97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found an awesome at home bodyweight cardio working is Insanity. I did the full 60 days and it was a transformation!
  • pbryan66
    pbryan66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pinterest and YouTube have some really intense (or not) exercise routines. Most communities have walking trails, bike paths, etc. that you can use any time.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    bangbangchoochootrain Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club! They have a lot of workouts that are just bodyweight. Or r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP and someone told me about lesley sansone videos on youtube they have been great, Ive got an aerobic step, and some weights also
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Check out nerd fitness, workouts from beginner upwards depending on where you're starting from
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't need a gym to get in shape. Take a look at bodyweight fitness - it's all about making progressions with your bodyweight rather than using equipment, plus the advanced stuff is pretty cool to watch. Reddit has a great forum for information!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a ton of at home workout sheets you can print up. You can find a lot that don't require equipment or you can invest in a couple of items and expand that. Kettlebells would be my first recommendation to buy.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Nerd fitness has some fun bodyweight workouts
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics - there's loads online, check it out.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options