This made me feel bad. Any thoughts?

Options

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    The only problem that, I see here's that; he brought too much money! ;)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I would have asked Hopper's mom for my $2 back.

2-dollars-o.gif
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Sounds like his mother is the one who needs a lesson. SMH....

I like your user name <3

Thanks! B)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    All I can think about is a movie where this little kid goes running after the adult screaming, "Give me my two dollars" while on a bicycle. Can't remember which one it is.

Unfortunately this bully just got his bad behavior reinforced. I understand not wanting a child to be left out and so you bought him a cookie, and included him. Don't feel bad. I just hope that your daughter doesn't continue to get bullied by the "give me your lunch money" bully. Boundaries. I would've told that mother to mind her own business or buy her kid the cookie if she's worried about fairness.

that was "better off dead" the kid wanted his $2 because the guy owed him for his paper route. he would shout" my $2 dollars"
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You did what you felt was right under the circumstances, but if I have done the math right you paid this kid 6 dollars so he could have 3 GIANT cookies.

You were conned my friend, most of us are like you, we would try to do the best we can when the unexpected happens and no one wants to upset a kid but he conned you and was rewarded for rude behaviour.

He is obviously used to getting his own way and his parents should have taught him better manners it is rude to butt in on other people when they are having a meal, it is very rude to beg for food from said people.

Don't feel bad you were being a good dad, you are not responsible for feeding random kids who happen to wander over to you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I love random :trollface: threads on chit chat! They don't happen often enough any more!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I would have told the parent/teacher that you had already given him money to buy one and shouldnt have to buy more to keep him from being a bully. you arent there to keep every child happy.I would have told her she can raise he child how she wants but you arent going to give in to him or any other child next time.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how it is unfair that each girl got one cookie (including the birthday girl) but unfair that Hopper "only" got one cookie? That mother is terrible and is doing a great disservice to her child. The only way I could see anything as being unfair was if Hopper was the only child in your daughter's class that didn't get a cookie but that was not the case. I'm curious if Hopper told a different story to his mother than what actually happened.
  • millcreekr
    millcreekr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Let's see, who's the adult here? You said these were 8-year old kids? You said Hopper was a bully? Well, looks like you were bullied by this 8-year old and his bully mom. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my daughter Kimberlys 8th birthday and because my wife is on a business trip, I went to my daughter's school and ate lunch with her. She has a group of friends that I know somewhat decently (they were all going to see beauty and the beast that evening). I saw that the school was selling these GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies. Well I gave each of the girls 2 dollars to go and buy a cookie (No worries, my wife and their mom's are friends). A few minutes later, they all came bag and dug in to their enormous treats. Then this really overweight kid comes over and asks my daughter for a piece of his cookie. Apparently his name was Hopper and he was mean to the girls, but I didn't find out about that until later. I'm thinking that Hopper is one of her friends, but Kimberly said no. She said it politely too. Hopper then tells me to make Kimberly give him a piece of her cookie. I told him that it was her birthday, and it was her special treat and gave him 2 dollars to get his own. The other girls laughed and he went to buy a cookie. A few munching minutes later, hopper comes back and asks Kimberlys friend Sara Bell for a piece of her cookie. Sara said no and laughed. Hopper then asked me to force Sara Bell to give him a piece. I said that it was Sara's cookie because she was celebrating Kimberlys birthday. He then GETS MAD at me and tells me that he should be celebrating too. My patience was starting to go away. I told him that I had already givin him money, and that he already had a cookie. He then goes and gets a teacher, who I guess was his mother. Kimberly started crying. Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies. Kimberly was devastated. I feel bad. Any thoughts?

Cookie Math is Hard!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Who the *kitten* names their kid Hopper?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Who the *kitten* names their kid Hopper?

Sean Penn.

Probably after Dennis Hopper. ...
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I am confused. You bought each girl a cookie, but this kid somehow deserved 3 cookies?
    With his crappy attitude he didn't deserve 1 cookie, but I understand 1 to keep your daughter from being embarrassed. I don't see why 3 is necessary and why the teacher/mom and kid were able to con you into that. I would call the school and complain that this teacher is showing special treatment to her child and putting other kids at a disadvantage because of it. Likely your daughter was worried about repercussions from a teacher and that is screwed up when that teacher is looking out for 1 child only.

it's new math
    that's all I can figure

I was thinking this sounded like a math problem.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kimberly!

cz85lwzsdx5u.jpg
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Lol!!
    You, my friend, are too soft. You were already a gentlemam when you gave him 2 dollars to buy a cookie. We have a saying in our country translated is something like "if you are complaining about your ghift, it will be taken away from you". So instead of giving him another 4 when he came back, i would of told him and his mother/teacher that life is indeed unfair and that she owns 2 dollars for the cookie. And on top of that, that guy should'n bother my daughter again!
  • kiiibbb112253
    kiiibbb112253 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am confused. You bought each girl a cookie, but this kid somehow deserved 3 cookies?
    With his crappy attitude he didn't deserve 1 cookie, but I understand 1 to keep your daughter from being embarrassed. I don't see why 3 is necessary and why the teacher/mom and kid were able to con you into that. I would call the school and complain that this teacher is showing special treatment to her child and putting other kids at a disadvantage because of it. Likely your daughter was worried about repercussions from a teacher and that is screwed up when that teacher is looking out for 1 child only.

Oh believe I called the school earlier today! I actually spoke with hoppers mom and she apologized, but it was not sincere at all. Kimberly was complaining about him on our way home from picking her up from school. I'm gonna take her to get ice cream and talk to her about it then. I'm also gonna go to the school myself with my wife and then gonna let hell break lose!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

Oh believe I called the school earlier today! I actually spoke with hoppers mom and she apologized, but it was not sincere at all. Kimberly was complaining about him on our way home from picking her up from school. I'm gonna take her to get ice cream and talk to her about it then. I'm also gonna go to the school myself with my wife and then gonna let hell break lose!

why take your wife back? you said you already called the school. You have dealt with it why beat a dead horse and include someone else?
  • kiiibbb112253
    kiiibbb112253 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

why take your wife back? you said you already called the school. You have dealt with it why beat a dead horse and include someone else?

Because Kimberly came home complaining about that brat messing with him. My wife knows how to handle a situation like that without blowing up. For me it's either I'm too soft, or they are calling security on me lol!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If he got his mom to intervene, why didn't she? That sounds terrible to be in that situation. I wouldn't have given the kid more money. That was very generous of you. I wouldn't have given him the first 2 dollars to begin with. If he wanted a cookie that bad, he could have asked his mom for money - since she works there. Yikes.