This made me feel bad. Any thoughts?

Options

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    So yesterday was my daughter Kimberlys 8th birthday and because my wife is on a business trip, I went to my daughter's school and ate lunch with her. She has a group of friends that I know somewhat decently (they were all going to see beauty and the beast that evening). I saw that the school was selling these GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies. Well I gave each of the girls 2 dollars to go and buy a cookie (No worries, my wife and their mom's are friends). A few minutes later, they all came bag and dug in to their enormous treats. Then this really overweight kid comes over and asks my daughter for a piece of his cookie. Apparently his name was Hopper and he was mean to the girls, but I didn't find out about that until later. I'm thinking that Hopper is one of her friends, but Kimberly said no. She said it politely too. Hopper then tells me to make Kimberly give him a piece of her cookie. I told him that it was her birthday, and it was her special treat and gave him 2 dollars to get his own. The other girls laughed and he went to buy a cookie. A few munching minutes later, hopper comes back and asks Kimberlys friend Sara Bell for a piece of her cookie. Sara said no and laughed. Hopper then asked me to force Sara Bell to give him a piece. I said that it was Sara's cookie because she was celebrating Kimberlys birthday. He then GETS MAD at me and tells me that he should be celebrating too. My patience was starting to go away. I told him that I had already givin him money, and that he already had a cookie. He then goes and gets a teacher, who I guess was his mother. Kimberly started crying. Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies. Kimberly was devastated. I feel bad. Any thoughts?

Cookie Math is Hard!

It must be common core!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my daughter Kimberlys 8th birthday and because my wife is on a business trip, I went to my daughter's school and ate lunch with her. She has a group of friends that I know somewhat decently (they were all going to see beauty and the beast that evening). I saw that the school was selling these GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies. Well I gave each of the girls 2 dollars to go and buy a cookie (No worries, my wife and their mom's are friends). A few minutes later, they all came bag and dug in to their enormous treats. Then this really overweight kid comes over and asks my daughter for a piece of his cookie. Apparently his name was Hopper and he was mean to the girls, but I didn't find out about that until later. I'm thinking that Hopper is one of her friends, but Kimberly said no. She said it politely too. Hopper then tells me to make Kimberly give him a piece of her cookie. I told him that it was her birthday, and it was her special treat and gave him 2 dollars to get his own. The other girls laughed and he went to buy a cookie. A few munching minutes later, hopper comes back and asks Kimberlys friend Sara Bell for a piece of her cookie. Sara said no and laughed. Hopper then asked me to force Sara Bell to give him a piece. I said that it was Sara's cookie because she was celebrating Kimberly's birthday. He then GETS MAD at me and tells me that he should be celebrating too. My patience was starting to go away. I told him that I had already givin him money, and that he already had a cookie. He then goes and gets a teacher, who I guess was his mother. Kimberly started crying. Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies. Kimberly was devastated. I feel bad. Any thoughts?
    Hopper clearly has some issues. Sorry that happened on your kid's birthday. :|
    gave him 2 dollars to get his own.
    Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving Hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies.

um, only Hopper? Birthday Dad gave Hopper $4 MORE after the first $2! OK, so these are the facts so far as we know them from Birthday Dads post... Birthday Girl and friend each get $2 for a
    GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies
    then here comes a
    really overweight kid
    not sure why that description was needed since no one elses size was given on the other cookie eaters..but nonetheless.. So boy wants cookie, Birthday Dad caves, gives away $2, caves again when Mom of Bully doesn't wanna hear from the whining child so tells Birthday Dad to go buy more cookies to shut him up. Birthday Dad does it... to shut everybody up.

Girl 1 - $2
    got only one cookie "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"
    Girl 2 - $2 got only one cookie "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"

Cookie Monster Brat - $2 one cookie "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"
    Cookie Monster Brat - $4 GOT 2 MORE cookies "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"

Why was Kimberly crying? Well because the Bully got 4 Cookies!! Birthday girl and friend got only 1!
    Birthday Dads is now out $10 for 7 "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"

Ppl with issues in the end: Birthday Dad, Hoppers Mom, 99.9% of all the rest of the children on the playground because they now realize how much more they will also be bullied, and now Kimberly who's likely to get even more bullied now that Hopper has her # & Hopper himself because he's more miserable than he was before this whole cookie fiasco.

The Winner (not really in the end): Hopper because he's probably still conning money out of ppl for cookies.
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Hopper is American slang for toilet bowl. What the hell is going on here?

What have we learned from this? Never put cookies in a Hopper and expect anything good to come out.

I may delete all this...just felt like discussing Hopper and his addiction to big "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies" and his need to find $ for them by any means. :laugh:
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I think description is relevant from another post from OP indicating he himself struggles with his weight so felt some sympathy for Hopper where he otherwise might not have. I think it's relevant because I don't know how likely it would have been for OP to cave in to a kid within a regular weight range, just my 2 cents.

You messed up there OP, we teach kids not to give into bullies and peer pressure which is what you ended up doing as an adult, it doesn't matter if you think you can relate to or understand where the bully is coming from. You aren't helping them by reinforcing their bad behaviour either
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Kimberly!

cz85lwzsdx5u.jpg

I believe that cookie belongs to Hopper? Oh and you'll need to bring another one along too..
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I love random :trollface: threads on chit chat! They don't happen often enough any more!

That was my first thought too!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I could go for a really big, massive cookie right now...anyone know where I can get one?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a recipe I will not be making for a while for a peanut-butter chocolate chip cake that actually looks a lot like the cookie in the above picture, minus the piped rosettes. I've not put it into the recipe tracker, but considering it's about 2/3 cup of peanut butter, plus flour, sugar, chocolate chips and a few other ingredients going into a 9" round tin... let's just say it's something I need to budget for if I want a piece.

ETA: I just ran it through the recipe builder and it's 416 calories for 1/8th.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I could go for a really big, massive cookie right now...anyone know where I can get one?

Well, not from Hopper....his are long gone! :laugh:
  • synchkat
    Options

but did he eat them? maybe Hopper really is the big winner and resold said cookies and now has enough money for a slurpee
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

but did he eat them? maybe Hopper really is the big winner and resold said cookies and now has enough money for a slurpee
    Now that's gonna be a bigly slurpee for $6!

I wondered that for a moment on the first cookie...he ate it pretty fast and came right back over to get some of Kimberly's friends cookie. So did he eat the cookie or sell the cookie or trade the cookie for drugs? Or whatever trading cards kids are into lately. :laugh: So then he "needs" to get more cookies" so he comes back hits on the Dad again" gets more cookie money... where are the cookies?

Does anyone see him eating them? Anyone actually see the crumbs? Hm, maybe he sold them for $10 bucks each? Do we really know the whole story here?

TMZ ...
  • synchkat
    edited March 2017
    Options

Now that's gonna be a bigly slurpee for $6!

I wondered that for a moment on the first cookie...he ate it pretty fast and came right back over to get some of Kimberly's friends cookie. So did he eat the cookie or sell the cookie or trade the cookie for drugs? Or whatever trading cards kids are into lately. :laugh: So then he "needs" to get more cookies" so he comes back hits on the Dad again" gets more cookie money... where are the cookies?

Does anyone see him eating them? Anyone actually see the crumbs? Hm, maybe he sold them for $10 bucks each? Do we really know the whole story here?

TMZ ...

I suspect Hopper has quite an extensive Pokemon card collection now

I'd be curious to learn more about this cookie blackmarket...perhaps I should start sending massive cookies to school with my boy
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Raising kids these days seems like a minefield --- mainly because of other parents!!! Although I agree with other posters that it's irrelevant that "Hopper" (surely you didn't use his real name, did you?) was overweight, it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong and I'm sorry that kid's mom was so unreasonable.
  • sugargrammy45
    sugargrammy45 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It was your daughter's birthday, not his! His mother has made him what he is and that is a bully. Myself, if any child who was not included in my daughter's birthday group asked for money I would have said NO.
  • kiiibbb112253
    kiiibbb112253 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my daughter Kimberlys 8th birthday and because my wife is on a business trip, I went to my daughter's school and ate lunch with her. She has a group of friends that I know somewhat decently (they were all going to see beauty and the beast that evening). I saw that the school was selling these GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies. Well I gave each of the girls 2 dollars to go and buy a cookie (No worries, my wife and their mom's are friends). A few minutes later, they all came bag and dug in to their enormous treats. Then this really overweight kid comes over and asks my daughter for a piece of his cookie. Apparently his name was Hopper and he was mean to the girls, but I didn't find out about that until later. I'm thinking that Hopper is one of her friends, but Kimberly said no. She said it politely too. Hopper then tells me to make Kimberly give him a piece of her cookie. I told him that it was her birthday, and it was her special treat and gave him 2 dollars to get his own. The other girls laughed and he went to buy a cookie. A few munching minutes later, hopper comes back and asks Kimberlys friend Sara Bell for a piece of her cookie. Sara said no and laughed. Hopper then asked me to force Sara Bell to give him a piece. I said that it was Sara's cookie because she was celebrating Kimberly's birthday. He then GETS MAD at me and tells me that he should be celebrating too. My patience was starting to go away. I told him that I had already givin him money, and that he already had a cookie. He then goes and gets a teacher, who I guess was his mother. Kimberly started crying. Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies. Kimberly was devastated. I feel bad. Any thoughts?
    Hopper clearly has some issues. Sorry that happened on your kid's birthday. :|
    gave him 2 dollars to get his own.
    Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving Hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies.

um, only Hopper? Birthday Dad gave Hopper $4 MORE after the first $2! OK, so these are the facts so far as we know them from Birthday Dads post... Birthday Girl and friend each get $2 for a
    GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies
    then here comes a
    really overweight kid
    not sure why that description was needed since no one elses size was given on the other cookie eaters..but nonetheless.. So boy wants cookie, Birthday Dad caves, gives away $2, caves again when Mom of Bully doesn't wanna hear from the whining child so tells Birthday Dad to go buy more cookies to shut him up. Birthday Dad does it... to shut everybody up.

Girl 1 - $2
    got only one cookie "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"
    Girl 2 - $2 got only one cookie "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"

Cookie Monster Brat - $2 one cookie "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"
    Cookie Monster Brat - $4 GOT 2 MORE cookies "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"

Why was Kimberly crying? Well because the Bully got 4 Cookies!! Birthday girl and friend got only 1!
    Birthday Dads is now out $10 for 7 "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies"

Ppl with issues in the end: Birthday Dad, Hoppers Mom, 99.9% of all the rest of the children on the playground because they now realize how much more they will also be bullied, and now Kimberly who's likely to get even more bullied now that Hopper has her # & Hopper himself because he's more miserable than he was before this whole cookie fiasco.

The Winner (not really in the end): Hopper because he's probably still conning money out of ppl for cookies.
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Hopper is American slang for toilet bowl. What the hell is going on here?

What have we learned from this? Never put cookies in a Hopper and expect anything good to come out.

I may delete all this...just felt like discussing Hopper and his addiction to big "GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies" and his need to find $ for them by any means. :laugh:

I love the way you set that up lol. I need to go fix my math typo too!
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my daughter Kimberlys 8th birthday and because my wife is on a business trip, I went to my daughter's school and ate lunch with her. She has a group of friends that I know somewhat decently (they were all going to see beauty and the beast that evening). I saw that the school was selling these GIANT (I mean absolutely massive) chocolate chip cookies. Well I gave each of the girls 2 dollars to go and buy a cookie (No worries, my wife and their mom's are friends). A few minutes later, they all came bag and dug in to their enormous treats. Then this really overweight kid comes over and asks my daughter for a piece of his cookie. Apparently his name was Hopper and he was mean to the girls, but I didn't find out about that until later. I'm thinking that Hopper is one of her friends, but Kimberly said no. She said it politely too. Hopper then tells me to make Kimberly give him a piece of her cookie. I told him that it was her birthday, and it was her special treat and gave him 2 dollars to get his own. The other girls laughed and he went to buy a cookie. A few munching minutes later, hopper comes back and asks Kimberlys friend Sara Bell for a piece of her cookie. Sara said no and laughed. Hopper then asked me to force Sara Bell to give him a piece. I said that it was Sara's cookie because she was celebrating Kimberlys birthday. He then GETS MAD at me and tells me that he should be celebrating too. My patience was starting to go away. I told him that I had already givin him money, and that he already had a cookie. He then goes and gets a teacher, who I guess was his mother. Kimberly started crying. Hoppers mom told me that I was being unfair because I gave the other girls cookies and only bought one for Hopper. I then ended up giving hopper 4 more dollars to get two more cookies. Kimberly was devastated. I feel bad. Any thoughts?

I don't think you should have given that brat anything. And when he brought is mom over. I would invite her to a discussion away from the children and chew her a new hole on her derriere that hopefully would have made it easier for her to pull her head out of the same said region.

Never, EVER, give someone like "Hopper" money. Kids like that are like stray animals, they keep coming back wanting more and more and more-- only a stray animal is usually grateful but kids like this think it's owed to them.

Well, unless you think the kid had a mental deficiency, then he isn't like a stray animal, but the same advice still goes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would expect an 8 year old to understand that someone else's parent- that you just met- is not required to treat you to multiple cookies. I would expect a mother and teacher to understand that... and be embarrassed that their kid was so greedy and ungrateful. I would've been shocked that she said it was unfair that he only got the same amount as the other kids. If she wanted her kid to have more cookies she should have bought them herself. She was stupid, rude and made things worse.
    Well, you were nice to give him money to buy a cookie just like you did the girls. You completely overdid it by giving him more money to buy 2 more cookies than anyone else had.
    Sorry your dd had a bad moment but hope the rest of her birthday was great.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    You were bullied by an 8 year old and gave them $6 and got in trouble from a teacher, you are an adult right? Maybe you should feel bad :tongue:

Me, I would likely have given him the first $2 since everyone got a cookie, but after that he was just being a brat and needed an adult to say no and stick to the answer instead of letting him have his way, rewarding him for being a jerk/rude.

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Merk hit the nail on the head. You the adult got bullied/extorted into giving some kid $6 by him and his mom. You got played my man!!