Since changing your diet, what foods do you not crave anymore?

Options
Since changing my lifestyle to being vegetarian, and very little processed foods I have noticed that I don't crave a lot of the foods I used to. For instance, my weakness was carne asada fries. I had mexican food about 2 weeks ago and I took one bite of my cheese crisp and immediately felt nauseous. Maybe because the grease from the cheese ? Either way after that I did not want mexican food anymore.

What foods do you not want anymore that you use to crave or eat a lot of?

Replies

• yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Shredded cheese. Been craving feta and goat cheese, though.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Yep, no change for me either. I will say that I seem to enjoy food more than I used to.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Yes. It has been 2 months without meat . And I have a plant based diet pretty much. I feel as now food is just for nurishment when my body needs it.
  • BlueScoobie02
    BlueScoobie02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    10+ years ago I stopped eating sugary foods: cake, ice cream, cookies. . . basically all desserts. I never have cravings and when I go out to eat and someone gets a dessert "to share", I have 1 or 2 bites and say 'nope, still don't want it or even like it'. I do keep Ghirardelli 86% dark chocolate in the freezer and eat some once a week or so, but it's not sugary or sweet(1g of sugar per square).
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Pop. I used to drink coke by the 2 litre bottle. Was mad when A&W stopped selling large sizes. I'm stunned that I don't miss it. Carbonated water is working just fine for me. I have the odd coke zero, but usually just when I need mix. It's really the only thing I've cut out completely.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things I eat way less of...and other things that I eat way more of...but I still eat all the foods. Food is fuel and nourishment...it's also pleasure and celebratory, and that's perfectly fine in my book.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I still want everything.

That part.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I eat so much healthy fats in my diet that I thankfully don't crave sugar anymore! I was a huge sugar addict and it is nice to be free from that!
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I cut a piece of homemade birthday cake for breakfast, and after two bites I realized "I actually don't want THAT much" and cut the slice in half.

Sugary things in general now taste much, much more sugary than before, and sometimes overly sugary. Like I had a lemon bar and it was like the sugar was repeatedly pummeling my tongue. It was too much.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    I still crave some greasy foods once in a while(home cooked) but if I eat anything greasy, I feel SO sick, it's not worth it
  • BlackCoffeeBabe
    BlackCoffeeBabe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I never crave non vegan things :) They just don't count as food in my brain any more.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Speaking of greasy foods . . . I used to regularly eat the burgers at the cheap, local burger place (one of those places where you can't even go inside, you just get it at a counter open to the outdoors) and now even smelling them is unpleasant. They're sooo greasy.

It actually makes me a little sad because they pay their workers really well, they get health care and college scholarships. I'd rather support them than McDonalds or Burger King. If only their burgers were less greasy!! I do still get ice cream cones there, though.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Lattes, mochas, and the like. I never was a frapp girl, but I was wasting my sooooo many calories on lattes. Haven't had one since my birthday 3 months ago except once last month. I took one sip and threw it away cause it tasted too sweet!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    chocolate. i just realized quite a few years ago that i'd completely lost interest in it. but that was long before i had the second realization that i somehow weighed a hundred and umpty-gump pounds and decided i'd better do something about that.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight was so easy for me because I didn't crave any food. I had bad habits, and I had to learn to break those habits.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I still crave everything. I go through periods of different cravings. This week I've been craving cookies and meat pastries. My favorite overall indulgence did change though. Before losing weight, Chesters hot/spicy chips were my favorite, but now, it's chocolate.