Since changing your diet, what foods do you not crave anymore?

Options
2»

Replies

• SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    Lattes, hot chocolate, mocha, pizza, ice cream, french fries, chips etc.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and cakes. Anything sweet really.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    salad
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It is more that I can now stop. When I first started if I had one chip the bag would be gone in minutes. Now I can take 5 chips and be perfectly happy with that.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what changing your habits can do to the brain :)
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I shared a cream soda with my son last night. It wasn't as good as I expected. I don't really crave soda like I used to. I still crave it sometimes, but not to the point that I used to. I am working on cutting out sugary drinks for the most part, just not what I like to spend my calories and sugar on. I also had some breaded fried dandelion flowers last night, and the breaded fried food wasn't as good as I remember it. Doughnuts and French fries are still good, but not to the extent they used to be, and I can't handle much deep fried food. Mcdonalds sandwiches aren't worth the calories anymore, and other greasy high calorie food I don't want much of before I'm full. I still crave WAY too many things, but it's better
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I seem to be having the opposite issue. I now crave things that never interested me before - doughnuts, cake, chocolate, sweets in general - and I no longer care for fresh salads the way I used to. It's kind of disturbing.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    I shared a cream soda with my son last night. It wasn't as good as I expected. I don't really crave soda like I used to. I still crave it sometimes, but not to the point that I used to. I am working on cutting out sugary drinks for the most part, just not what I like to spend my calories and sugar on. I also had some breaded fried dandelion flowers last night, and the breaded fried food wasn't as good as I remember it. Doughnuts and French fries are still good, but not to the extent they used to be, and I can't handle much deep fried food. Mcdonalds sandwiches aren't worth the calories anymore, and other greasy high calorie food I don't want much of before I'm full. I still crave WAY too many things, but it's better

I tried to drink a can of soda about a week ago and I took one sip and felt sick
  • tasha12004
    Options
    I seem to be having the opposite issue. I now crave things that never interested me before - doughnuts, cake, chocolate, sweets in general - and I no longer care for fresh salads the way I used to. It's kind of disturbing.

That is kind of odd. Maybe you have low insulin?
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I eat moderate amounts of everything, but do not enjoy and do not want super greasy or super sweet things anymore. Fried chicken, fudge, that sort of thing. Kind of sucks because I used to make french macarons, which have tons of sugar by necessity, but they make me a little ill now! Still appreciated by family and friends though.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »

That is kind of odd. Maybe you have low insulin?

Possibly. I've noticed food in general just tastes better than it used to. Maybe it's because I gave up mindless eating. When you log everything and you are aware of the nutritional content it makes every bite a little more significant.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    That's true. It could be that as well.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Speaking of greasy foods . . . I used to regularly eat the burgers at the cheap, local burger place (one of those places where you can't even go inside, you just get it at a counter open to the outdoors) and now even smelling them is unpleasant. They're sooo greasy.

It actually makes me a little sad because they pay their workers really well, they get health care and college scholarships. I'd rather support them than McDonalds or Burger King. If only their burgers were less greasy!! I do still get ice cream cones there, though.

you named the awful restaurants, what is the name of the well paying one? AND can you ask them to blot your burger and omit the ?mayo? so its not so greasy?
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Speaking of greasy foods . . . I used to regularly eat the burgers at the cheap, local burger place (one of those places where you can't even go inside, you just get it at a counter open to the outdoors) and now even smelling them is unpleasant. They're sooo greasy.

It actually makes me a little sad because they pay their workers really well, they get health care and college scholarships. I'd rather support them than McDonalds or Burger King. If only their burgers were less greasy!! I do still get ice cream cones there, though.

you named the awful restaurants, what is the name of the well paying one? AND can you ask them to blot your burger and omit the ?mayo? so its not so greasy?

Dick's Hamburgers in Seattle. Their burgers are pre-made and wrapped, so you can't customize them. (That is part of the reason they're so cheap, lol.) Maybe I'll grab one of their milkshakes this week, those are good.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I no longer crave soda, pizza, bread or Rita's water ice like I did when I first started this journey. I've found substitutions that work for me (sparkling water, etc.). But I do find that I crave a wider variety of food now.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Since I started drinking Pepsi max I don't crave sweets as often, I still like and enjoy sweets but I don't crave them the way I did before.
  • klowieislyfe
    klowieislyfe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth almost completely vanished when I started making fresh produce a major part of my diet. But even now that I eat healthy the stuff I 'crave' is still caloric, like avocados and nuts.
  • matt2673
    matt2673 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I no longer crave soda at all. I've been soda free now for over a month. If I feel like a fizzy drink, it's club soda for me. :-D
  • sunrises59
    sunrises59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have not eaten any kind of Cheese in a year. I will say about 6 months in I loss all taste for it. Never been really a sweets eater but if I can just stay away from those chips (potato or tortilla)..