the alien overlords have arrived

Options
_har_T_Swallow
_har_T_Swallow Posts: 2,606 Member
let's say this happens...

an alien race arrives on earth. their technology is far in advance of our own. any attempt at rebellion or warfare will quickly be put down, with little to no casualties or loss of assets on the side of the alien race.

the aliens can understand us perfectly. sadly, they have deemed humanity to be a destructive and violent force which should be stopped before spreading any further throughout the universe. they are one single day away from initiating the utter destruction of our planet. this isn't a decision they came to lightly.

suddenly- you are teleported to the alien mothership and granted an audience with their collective leader. the alien overlord is receptive to your presence however. the overlord will listen to anything you have to say, and will observe anything you wish him to. the overlord is easily killable, but such an act would only confirm the alien fears of humanity and would assure our complete destruction. you have 24 hours.

what do you do to convince the alien race to spare our planet and save every person on it?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Since our death is inevitable, I'd save the alien species the guilt of the unknown about their decision to destroy us and kill the overlord. If we're screwed anyway, I may as well help as many individuals as possible.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    We have bananas.

How do u know they are into that kind of thing ?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Since our death is inevitable, I'd save the alien species the guilt of the unknown about their decision to destroy us and kill the overlord. If we're screwed anyway, I may as well help as many individuals as possible.

legit surprised you wouldn't just ask him to go fishing with you.

and just reinforce that we torture other creatures for our own enjoyment? Not a chance when I can waste one of the ****ers.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'd give him a taco
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    We have bananas.

Yes. Feed them bananas.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I debating what I should pack
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    I would agree with them. We are destructive. We're so destructive they don't need to waste their time or firepower because we're going to extinguish ourselves. We are nowhere near being able to colonize another planet, we don't stand a chance even getting there. If we don't seriously change our ways, we probably don't have enough time left on this planet develop the technology necessary for interstellar travel. However, if we do manage to change, we won't need to be destroyed and we could be allies. Their aggressive action would be redundant if we did poorly and cost them a friendship if were to do better in the future.

You should look into books by Jared Diamond. You are 100% accurate with your 2nd and 3rd sentences.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

If you are taking bananas might as well take a banana hammock.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to remember what Jean-Luc did.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options

I'm female so I assume u mean the one that sits on the kitchen counter
  • Carillon_Campanello
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'm female so I assume u mean the one that sits on the kitchen counter

Yes. Bananas(the kind on the kitchen counter) are being tossed around the thread as a primary weapon of engagement.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember what Jean-Luc did.

He made #2 take care of it.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    Do we have intel that the aliens are primates of some sort?
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I confess I didn't even read the entire thread intro
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Do we have intel that the aliens are primates of some sort?

Nope. Bananas none the less. It's our best defense.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    U know what's funny at this moment I have 3 bunches of bananas on my counter left over from a picnic on Sunday and I'm leaving the country on sat just thinking today wth am I gonna go with all theses bananas. Lol true story