Remedies for leg cramps (besides bananas)

Options
13»

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the replies...lots of great suggestions. Just to clarify - I do drink ~10cups of water per day (today I will drink 12 with the exercise). I had 8 oz of Gatorade when I got home. Maybe that wasn't enough?? I don't know. I also take a Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc with vit D supplement daily, extra vitamin D (all by itself), and right now, a "Hair, Skin, and Nails" supplement (it says to take like 3/day, but I only do 1 because of the other supplements I take, and I try to eat healthier type food...although, not as strict about that). I will look into some of the other ideas mentioned here that I haven't tried. I usually have bad leg cramps or stiffness, if I skip the banana...we'll see how things go.

Have you ever considered the fact that you might be over-hydrating. The drinking water thing is often taken to excess. When you drink water you are effectively diluting the salt in your body and might be undoing the hard work and wasting the dollars you're spending on the supps. You also need to make sure you have enough sodium in your diet.