How often do you work out?

Options
124»

Replies

• brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    When i started working out I weighed 285lbs and made a goal to go 7 days a week for a year. I probably went 362 days that year and have similarly ever since which in november will have been 7 years ago....damn it doesn't feel that long ago.
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym a little over a month ago, and being there in the morning is such a part of my routine now that it's harder not to go than it is to go. I do a weight routine and 30 minutes on the rowing machine three days a week and 45 - 60 minutes on the bike three days a week. Thinking of mixing things up a bit by occasionally switching out a bike day with some swimming. I take Sundays off for church, but find that I miss the gym. Holding my six-month old granddaughter during church gets me through that though. :)
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Try to run everyday, and then on the weekends I love to throw in some Mountain time. Usually something to do with boards strapped to my feet.[/quote

Are you able to run daily and avoid injury?
  • maddiemadkins
    Options
    brdnw wrote: »
    When i started working out I weighed 285lbs and made a goal to go 7 days a week for a year. I probably went 362 days that year and have similarly ever since which in november will have been 7 years ago....damn it doesn't feel that long ago.

That's amazing!
  • maddiemadkins
    Options
    dlptcb wrote: »
    I joined a gym a little over a month ago, and being there in the morning is such a part of my routine now that it's harder not to go than it is to go. I do a weight routine and 30 minutes on the rowing machine three days a week and 45 - 60 minutes on the bike three days a week. Thinking of mixing things up a bit by occasionally switching out a bike day with some swimming. I take Sundays off for church, but find that I miss the gym. Holding my six-month old granddaughter during church gets me through that though. :)

That's very inspiring! I'm torn between joining the gym and basically doing things around home. (I live in the country).
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I lift 4 days/week. I try - but don't worry too much if I don't any particular week - to get two lolcardio days in, too. Sometimes, the cardio will be done after lifting, but usually on an off day. So, anywhere from 4-6 days per week.

eta: My fitness goal is just to stay around 180-190 lb, so that I can continue to compete in the 181 lb (83 kg) weight class in powerlifting.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    razzapool wrote: »
    people who go 6-7 days must have really good partners lol my wife hates the amount time I spend there now and I only go 4 days

I lift 3x per week and cycle 3-4 days...my wife lifts 1x per week and runs 5x per week. We alternate home and kid duties accordingly as we know and understand that what we do is important to both of us. It's also setting a good example for our kiddos...they just think regular physical activity is "normal"
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    razzapool wrote: »
    people who go 6-7 days must have really good partners lol my wife hates the amount time I spend there now and I only go 4 days

I lift 3x per week and cycle 3-4 days...my wife lifts 1x per week and runs 5x per week. We alternate home and kid duties accordingly as we know and understand that what we do is important to both of us. It's also setting a good example for our kiddos...they just think regular physical activity is "normal"

Same here... When our son was younger we made a point of joining a gym that had child care/kids gym/swimming lessons to keep him busy while we worked out, or we would plop him into the Burley behind the bike and go for a ride. He's 16 now and much more independent--I have to try to schedule my workouts around dropping him off for various sports practices, often he'll join me for 5K runs, and most weekends we're either skiing as a family in the winter or surfing as a family in the summer. It's all good.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise. My favorite is swimming. I exercise 5-6 times a week, walking 3 times a week, swimming for an hour twice a week, strength training once a week, and bicycling when I can. I'm training for a sprint triathlon in May. My fitness goals are to get into the "overweight" range by BMI standards (6 lbs to go), lose another 20 lbs total, and get as toned as possible. I am very close. The non-weight fitness goals are to continue shaving time off my 5Ks, finish the triathlon, not in last place, and to keep exercising 5 hours a week minimum. I want to be able to keep up with my little one and lead by example for both of my daughters. So far, so good, I've lost about 215 lbs, gone from super morbidly obese to barely obese, lost 38.7 off my BMI, and am in regular sizes. I need to get my bike speed up at least .1 mph average also, hopefully in time for the triathlon.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm always trying to move/walk or whatever but I train 3 days a week, two hours on Wed and Thurs and one hour on Friday, totaling 5 hours.

I am an exercise hater tbh because doing anything other than what I do, kickboxing, feels like a drag whereas this training is specific to learning new skills and keeps my mind engaged on that rather than how long do I have left. XD
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm an exercise junkie. I love being active and go to the gym 5 days a week and ride my bike anytime the weather is pretty.
  • mgbond21
    mgbond21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weight train 2-3 times a week, yoga almost everyday, and cardio 2-3 times a week.