Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Anyone else employed? :huh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options

Once upon a time I was #1...about the only thing ever that I've been #1 at.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, my boys are 6 &3. It's perfectly annoying at times but perfectly non-stressful. In my past life, I worked in a funeral home. It wasn't super stressful, keeping things ordered and organized. I loved it and am looking forward to going back into that line of work here soon. :)

Yep, all the funeral home guys seem calm, cool and collected even when I call them after hours to pick up a recently departed patient...

And they're super funny! You kinda have to be I guess. lol. :)
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and my job is VERY stressful!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, my boys are 6 &3. It's perfectly annoying at times but perfectly non-stressful. In my past life, I worked in a funeral home. It wasn't super stressful, keeping things ordered and organized. I loved it and am looking forward to going back into that line of work here soon. :)

Yep, all the funeral home guys seem calm, cool and collected even when I call them after hours to pick up a recently departed patient...

And they're super funny! You kinda have to be I guess. lol. :)

Love health care humor. :love:
    Hubby & I have to be careful what we say to "normal" people... :wink:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Once upon a time I was #1...about the only thing ever that I've been #1 at.

You're my #1 egg-eating, cholesterol-consuming idol.
    I live vicariously through your lipid dense dietary intake... :wink:
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    pretty sure accounts payable clerk is the least stressful job. so boring
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    For years I was a photojournalist and can attest that it was a very stressful job that I loved. However, I went back to school (again) and am a counseling psychologist specializing in stress/anxiety management and disorders as one of my areas.

Whoda thunk it???
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in Information Technology. If something did not work....we get blamed.
    if something did not work the way the persons 16 year old nephew who is good with computers said it should....we get blamed.
    if something did not work because the user did not read the instructions....we get blamed.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    For years I was a photojournalist and can attest that it was a very stressful job that I loved. However, I went back to school (again) and am a counseling psychologist specializing in stress/anxiety management and disorders as one of my areas.

Whoda thunk it???

Ha! Love it :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm in Information Technology. If something did not work....we get blamed.
    if something did not work the way the persons 16 year old nephew who is good with computers said it should....we get blamed.
    if something did not work because the user did not read the instructions....we get blamed.

Sounds like nursing :bigsmile:
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i'm a small business owner, i have 8 employees who count on me for their lively hood. my business is seasonal and now is our busy season. my most senior repair tech quit at the beginning of summer. we almost closed our doors because of it. its a family business, and my mom dad and i have been working 80 hour weeks and most weekends to keep everything moving.

its been stressful. of course we dont have anyone shooting at us, and its not life or death. but it is our lively hood. it is my whole life plan. so i know stress. boy do i know stress lol.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    http://www.businessinsider.com/most-suicidal-occupations-2011-10?op=1

Pharmacist isn't on this stressful jobs list, but we are in the top 20 professions for suicide rates. I suppose that collates a bit with stress...
  • Ris1432
    Ris1432 Posts: 11
    Options
    So being a firefighter I made #3 but they neglected Dispatchers. I was told when I started dispatching that most of us have a "burn out" rate of about 5 years. My favorite quote about my job (which I do love, so please don't take this wrong) is " I have lived through your worst day blind" . Not sure where it comes from or I would credit it but it describes the job perfectly.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Pharmacist isn't on this stressful jobs list, but we are in the top 20 professions for suicide rates. I suppose that collates a bit with stress...

Interesting, yet sad, link.
    I wonder if its the job per se, or the type of personality that goes into that type of profession in the first place?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I call shenanigans on that list. I used to be a hairstylist. It's always been known to be one of the most stressful jobs. I'm now an ER veterinary technician. Not even on the list.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I call shenanigans on that list. I used to be a hairstylist. It's always been known to be one of the most stressful jobs. I'm now an ER veterinary technician. Not even on the list.

I was thinking the same thing.
    I've known my hairdresser for over 20 years and she tells me about all the BS she deals with everyday.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

4) Veterinarians are 1.54 times more likely to commit suicide

At least 2 veterinarians I've worked with have committed suicide.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hubby made #1. My job wasn't on there (artist) but I don't feel too stressed. If anything, it's one of the more relaxing jobs, imo.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

4) Veterinarians are 1.54 times more likely to commit suicide

At least 2 veterinarians I've worked with have committed suicide.

Oh, how sad...