4/2-3.3 miles
    4/3-3 miles
    4/5-3.5 miles
    4/6-2.5 miles
    4/8-4.2 miles
    4/9-5 miles
    4/14-5 miles
    total-26.5 miles

Threw in another 2.5 mile run while baby was napping, so that's 5 miles today, 5 really slow miles, but still 5 miles

Training for:
    5/14-womens run-5mile
    7/10- Missoula Marathon-HM
    9/17- Montana Marathon-Full marathon
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 Nice run! what did your pace end up at? Also, what marathon are you running? If you're at 20 miles with 2 months to go, you've got plenty of time to keep it going. My two 20 milers aren't until mid May, and my marathon is mid June. You're doing great!

@angmarie28 great running!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 Nice run! what did your pace end up at? Also, what marathon are you running? If you're at 20 miles with 2 months to go, you've got plenty of time to keep it going. My two 20 milers aren't until mid May, and my marathon is mid June. You're doing great!

Zombies, Run! says it's a 10:27 average pace. I didn't bother to pause for the bathroom break, because the app doesn't seem to work like that. It'll stop my music, or the story clip, but it will add the time back in, anyway. If you calculate pace based on the time on the treadmill, it was 10:19 average.

I'll be doing the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, AK. Runcation, baby! We're racing on the same day. It will be interesting to compare notes.

My plan this time around is to run the full distance in training. Last time, I had issues after mile 18, which is as far as the longest training run I had completed. Coincidence? I don't really believe it.

Gatorade seems to be working better as fuel than the gummy bears did. But I've got another year's experience under my belt, too. Even though last summer didn't see many miles out of me. I was waylaid by Pokemon Go!

• MNLittleFinn
    Options

Zombies, Run! says it's a 10:27 average pace. I didn't bother to pause for the bathroom break, because the app doesn't seem to work like that. It'll stop my music, or the story clip, but it will add the time back in, anyway. If you calculate pace based on the time on the treadmill, it was 10:19 average.

I'll be doing the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, AK. Runcation, baby! We're racing on the same day. It will be interesting to compare notes.

My plan this time around is to run the full distance in training. Last time, I had issues after mile 18, which is as far as the longest training run I had completed. Coincidence? I don't really believe it.

Gatorade seems to be working better as fuel than the gummy bears did. But I've got another year's experience under my belt, too. Even though last summer didn't see many miles out of me. I was waylaid by Pokemon Go!

You did 20 miles on a treadmill??? I could not do that.
  • autumnblade75
    Options

Heh. I have a hard time keeping it slow on the treadmill. I find it impossible outdoors. I need to investigate what pacers they'll have in AK.

I love my treadmill.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

Heh. I have a hard time keeping it slow on the treadmill. I find it impossible outdoors. I need to investigate what pacers they'll have in AK.

I love my treadmill.

My marathon has 4:15 and 4:30 for pavers in the range I'm hoping for. Problem is one is at the very fast end and the other is the slower end. Planning to hang with the 4:30 group to start....but well see
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I love my treadmill.

My marathon has 4:15 and 4:30 for pavers in the range I'm hoping for. Problem is one is at the very fast end and the other is the slower end. Planning to hang with the 4:30 group to start....but well see
    The last time I did something like that, I wound up spending the first part of the race moving ahead of the slower group and playing catch up with the faster group, catching them by the middle of the race and then backing off a bit to keep with them. In the end it paid off and I finished ahead of the faster group, but it could have gone worse. The plan was supposed to be to catch up with the faster group towards the end of the race, but seeing them in front of me I just kept going towards them like a freaking magnet!
  • autumnblade75
    Options

I love my treadmill.

The last time I did something like that, I wound up spending the first part of the race moving ahead of the slower group and playing catch up with the faster group, catching them by the middle of the race and then backing off a bit to keep with them. In the end it paid off and I finished ahead of the faster group, but it could have gone worse. The plan was supposed to be to catch up with the faster group towards the end of the race, but seeing them in front of me I just kept going towards them like a freaking magnet!

I just can't find any information about pacers, anywhere. But your strategy (@WhatMeRunning) is close to how I handled my recent Half. I didn't catch the next fastest group, but I didn't start looking for them until around the 10 mile mark. I *probably* could have run with them, but didn't want to find out that I'd been too ambitious halfway through the race. Especially since the slower group would still bring a PR.

Anything under 4:55 will be a PR for the marathon. I feel VERY confident that I can do that.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    4/2-3.3 miles
    4/3-3 miles
    4/5-3.5 miles
    4/6-2.5 miles
    4/8-4.2 miles
    4/9-5 miles
    4/14-5 miles
    total-26.5 miles

Threw in another 2.5 mile run while baby was napping, so that's 5 miles today, 5 really slow miles, but still 5 miles

Training for:
    5/14-womens run-5mile
    7/10- Missoula Marathon-HM
    9/17- Montana Marathon-Full marathon

You are in Montana! I was born and raised in Bozeman :) good job on your runs this week!

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    WK: 4.10.17 - 4.16.17

M - Rest / Recover Day
    T - 10.6 m. 9:33 pace.
    W - 8.5 m.
    T - 8 m.
    F - 10 m.
    S -
    S -
    Total -
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty awesome on everything.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well, this is embarrassing. :blush: I went to sign up for the HM I talked about earlier just to find out I was already registered. After a lot of digging, it looks like last September I signed up for the Heartland 39.3 Series (the day signups began) which is 3 HM's and this is #2 of those 3 runs. This means I did an unwitting DNS for the Rock the Parkway HM on 4/8...the same one my employer was mentioning a week ago...not that I wanted to do a HM that day but probably would have if I knew I had paid for it already. :confounded: It also means I am signed up for the Running With The Cows HM on 5/13, which is technically a "down week". :confused: That is one of my favorite events too. Not sure what I am going to do in that case. I'll probably run it. :wink:

How in the world did I do this to myself?? :disappointed: I get injured, have lots of downtime, focus on "coming back" and COMPLETELY FORGET I had signed up for these events??? Is this my lesson for "signing up super early"? Have I missed any other runs??? :grimace:

I did some more digging and found I am also registered for the Hospital Hill HM on 6/3 already. That's cool. I had pretty much planned on doing that HM already, I just hadn't tried signing up for it yet. Now I don't have to.

So, has anyone else done this to themselves before, or am I the only person bone-headed enough to do this to themselves??
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    4/1-6.05
    4/3-3.45
    4/12-3.32
    4/13-1.02
    4/14-3.01

exercise.png
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - Running with the cows is actually the event that started me on my journey to running my first half marathon. My boss is from Kansas and wanted to do it this year, and I was the only other "runner" she knew. (I was barely living through 5ks at the time.) She then fell off the wagon, but not before she got my best friend fired up about this half marathon idea. But, I am now doing the Mickelson half marathon in Deadwood, SD in June instead of going clear to KS. But, it looked like a pretty cool one!

I don't seem to forget that I signed up for the race- I do, however, not put the calendar pieces together when I sign up for the next one. Thus, how I have 3 fairly substantial length races (for me) within a month of each other.... oops
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn I really doubt you are slow :smile: but they do always say slow and steady wins the race!! I've always been so drawn to ultra marathoners, so I think that's really cool!