April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Thursday I ran 3.5 on the treadmill and did strength training at the gym. Today I went to the local park for a 10 mile run.

The temperature is already in the mid 80s and humid -- Yuck. This summer is going to suck.

58/100 miles done in April
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Aim: 130k

4/2: 13.1k -casual run-
    4/3: 1.5k -cause I am lazy, that's why-
    4/4: 4k -as c/d of leg day training-
    4/6: 5k -after gym-
    4/7: 8.5k -intervals-
    4/8: 9.1k -various surfaces-
    4/9: 12.5k -trail-
    4/11: 4.5k -c/d from strength training-
    4/13: 9.7k -intervals-
    4/14: 14.8k -various surfaces-

82.1/130k

@Orphia Thank you for Runalyze. It seems pretty cool!!

Stay free of injuries!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn - I knew you wouldn't be able to wait until after that full! :naughty: Just so you know, your 50k will make my potential 50k look like a walk in the park. Yours is hilly and named "Harder N He!!". Mine is a rails to trails event, so relatively flat (even for KS). I'm rooting for ya!
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning What part of Kansas are you in? I'm from Great Bend, but now live in Oklahoma. My employer has a program where if we do so much activity and different point related things, we get $50-100 added to our paycheck a quarter. I already love working out, but bonus money is always a good thing! An insurance discount would be nice, too!
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    @hesfeld - I'm in northeastern Kansas on the soutwestern outskirts of the Kansas City area in a city named Lenexa. A bonus for this stuff would be great!
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Welcome @WickAndArtoo, you found a great place for motivation and info. :wink: As for having it count, I'd probably only get an age group award if I picked one up off the ground which a faster runner accidentally dropped. I would try to catch up with them to give it back, but I am also kind of slow. :smile:
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning thank you, I really appreciate the welcome.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    I didn't run for 4 days, ugh, stupid life getting in the way of running, but I did finally run today, only 2.5 miles because I'm fighting off a cold, bleck.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this thread. I used to run kinda consistently and even ran a few 5k runs last year (I even got second in my age group twice... does it count if there were only three people :wink: ).

I just ran today for the first time in about 6 months. I ran two miles (and walked one), and it felt really good. I would love the companionship and friendship of others that love to run. I am pretty bad about falling into ruts and not finishing what I start so I can't promise that I will follow through with these goals I am setting, but I am hoping this time will be different.

My goal is to run 5 days a week, two miles a day.

Thanks for letting me join, I hope to actually make some friends here so add me if you would like.

Welcome the the best challenge/group on MFP. There are some amazing runners on here. They've taught me a lot. Ask any questions you have. They're always ready to dole out great advice to us novices.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1---4.48
    3---3.05
    5---2.85 walk
    9---3.30 walk
    11---4.77
    14---6.07

24.52/30

RACES!!!

XTERRA Rock Dallas Trail Run (HM at night) May 27 (Tentative)
    XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run (HM at night) Jul 8 (Tentative)
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    01/04 4.04 miles
    03/04 3.10 miles
    05/04 3.51 miles
    06/04 4.14 miles
    07/04 3.08 miles
    11/04 3.01 miles
    13/04 3.52 miles
    14/04 4.06 miles - that was tough, very cold and windy

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @Elise4270 great run! you're really getting back into it!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @Bakins929 great run!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Well, I already set up my Runalyze account. Looks like I have to import activities manually (which is a time suck) but they are going to allow for auto-synch with certain apps at a later date. I'm looking forward to that. I'll probably import my last months activities during some free time soon to get a decent look at the tool, but I will admit I am not fond of having to take time to pick a tool to export from then import here when all of my other apps already auto-sync with each other. I guess I'm lazy! :lol: Knowing me, I'll probably make the time to do this, and I'll probably love yet another new tool. :smile:
    @WhatMeRunning You can at least upload a certain number of files (fit, gpx, whatever you have) at a time. Not too many, then I got a timeout, but ~40 at a time worked for me. (did I write this morning I don't need another run tracking side? nevermind...)
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well, I already set up my Runalyze account. Looks like I have to import activities manually (which is a time suck) but they are going to allow for auto-synch with certain apps at a later date. I'm looking forward to that. I'll probably import my last months activities during some free time soon to get a decent look at the tool, but I will admit I am not fond of having to take time to pick a tool to export from then import here when all of my other apps already auto-sync with each other. I guess I'm lazy! :lol: Knowing me, I'll probably make the time to do this, and I'll probably love yet another new tool. :smile:
    @WhatMeRunning You can at least upload a certain number of files (fit, gpx, whatever you have) at a time. Not too many, then I got a timeout, but ~40 at a time worked for me. (did I write this morning I don't need another run tracking side? nevermind...)
    I noticed that and have all of my activities so far for 2017 imported. :blush: I like it. I am not seeing a way to schedule runs and forecast my data (not yet), but I am REALLY liking the data that is available. :love: It seems to match up pretty much with what I had, although the scoring methods seems quite different, values are also way different than I am used to seeing. But the ratios of fitness to fatigue seem to be to scale between this an my Sport Tracks data. All of this other info will take some getting used to, like TRIMP and Marathon Shape. :smile: I'm also liking the predicted VO2Max.

Not that I want to spend all this time on yet another tool or anything...

:wink:
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this thread. I used to run kinda consistently and even ran a few 5k runs last year (I even got second in my age group twice... does it count if there were only three people :wink: ).

I just ran today for the first time in about 6 months. I ran two miles (and walked one), and it felt really good. I would love the companionship and friendship of others that love to run. I am pretty bad about falling into ruts and not finishing what I start so I can't promise that I will follow through with these goals I am setting, but I am hoping this time will be different.

Thanks for letting me join, I hope to actually make some friends here so add me if you would like.

Welcome the the best challenge/group on MFP. There are some amazing runners on here. They've taught me a lot. Ask any questions you have. They're always ready to dole out great advice to us novices.

Thanks! Good to hear! Granted I don't think your a novice judging by the race you signed up for :smile:
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

Thanks! Good to hear! Granted I don't think your a novice judging by the race you signed up for :smile:

I started running last year February. Still feel like a novice.....I'm just slow so i have to run long to look impressive!