April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Resting today. My doctor appointment is scheduled for Friday. Going to listen to my body and try not to run until I'm pain free. The hip is really sore today. Sigh.
  • ko4q
    ko4q Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    4/1 7
    4/2 7
    4/3 6 + 6x circuits
    4/4 8
    4/5 7
    4/6 REST
    4/7 7.3
    4/8 6.0 + 9 x strength circuits
    4/9 8.5
    4/10 4.5 + 6x circuits
    4/11 7.3 with intervals
    4/12 7.5 super sets
    4/13 4.5 + 6x circuits
    4/14 7.5 EZ
    4/15 6 + athletic conditioning class
    4/16 8.5

102.6/200

Good luck in Boston to any and all running today! You will crush it!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ran a fun local 10K this morning. I was trying to finish it in 60 minutes but actually finished in 62 1/2 minutes - so close! Oh well.

64/100 miles done in April

Another 4 miles on Sunday in the beautiful weather. It was a tad humid but 68 and breezy -perfect.

Today a friend convinced me to try a kettle bell class before work. I am leaving for an out of town work conference on Wednesday so I know my running opportunities are going to be few and far between this week. I decided to squeeze in another 3 miles on the treadmill before the class.

Before today, I had never tried kettle bells. How hard could it be, right? Ha!! My butt has been thouroghly kicked! My whole body is still shaky 30 minutes later. I am going to be sore tomorrow....

71/100 miles done in April
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp and @lporter229 good luck running Boston today! I already have your bibs pulled up on my work pc (shhh, don't tell anyone here, lol) so I can see you guys run!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 4 miles on the dreadmill + cross-training - zumba
    4/2 - 12.7 mile long run (night on a crappy couch-worth of sleep, and stomachache from a new gel)
    4/3 - rest
    4/4 - 9 mile glorious run in the misty rain / 1 mile treadmill + cross-training - strength training
    4/5 - 5 mile slow recovery run + cross-training - strength training
    4/6 - 8 mile rainy/windy run + cross-training - zumba
    4/7 - 9 mile glorious run at Piermont Pier/Tallman Mtn. State Park
    4/8 - cross-training - zumba awesomeness!
    4/9 - JFK Runway 5k Race + 10 miles to get to my planned 13 for the day
    4/10 - rest
    4/11 - 8 miles in the ‘it’s way too hot for early/mid-April’ heat (84° when I finished) + strength training
    4/12 - 7 miles in the comfortable rain + strength training
    4/13 - 5 mile short, slowww recovery run
    4/14 - 8 miles
    4/15 - rest (had to miss Zumba, so sad!)
    4/16 - 10 mile long run (shorter cutback week run)

April Total: 99.8/170

446.8 miles/2,017 miles - goal for the year

Haven't been on here since Friday, since I was away with family for the holiday weekend. So much to catch up on! Lol.

Friday was a lovely 8 mile run. Pushed my pace a bit on a few uphill sections in the second half of my run, really pleased with my pace. Yesterday was my long run, only 10 miles because it was a cutback week. Lovely day out, but had my first fall of the year. Nothing awful, just a little roadrash and some bruises from apparently not noticing a driveway dip and falling on the sidewalk, lol. I think that bruise on my left knee might end up being a doozy though.
    kjxxr74nm2a4.jpg
    Funnily enough, this morning my Facebook Memories were kind enough to remind me that exactly one year and one day ago I had taken another running tumble, that ended up being part of a 3 tumbles in 3 weeks streak, so hopefully I will not repeat that trend this year! :D

This week is going to be a bit crazy for me. It's actually the peak mileage week of my half marathon training plan (47 miles), but I'm flying to the Dominican Republic on Thurs, and staying til the following Wed. Normally today is a rest day, but I'm actually going to run today, tomorrow, and Wed, so that I can minimize the number of runs I need to do when I'm on vacation. My long run this week is also supposed to be a distance PR for me (14 miles!!!) and I'm thinking I'll aim for that on Wednesday, with tomorrow being my recovery run, since I don't think it would be a good idea to attempt a distance PR in a brand new location I'm not familiar with, in tropical, hot, humid conditions.

My original schedule is:
    Mon: rest
    Tues: 8
    Wed: 11
    Thurs: 4 recovery (the plan actually has the recovery runs on Sat, but I switched b/c it was too much w/zumba)
    Fri: 10
    Sat: rest
    Sun: 14 long

I am going to aim for:
    Mon: 11
    Tues: 4 recovery
    Wed: 14 long
    Thurs: rest (travel day)
    Fri, Sat, Sun: fit in the 10 and 8 milers based around what our vacation plans are

Hopefully this works out and I'm able to pull off that PR long run on Wed.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Watching the Boston live stream, and have @MobyCarp and @lporter229 's bibs pulled up to keep up. @MobyCarp is showing up now!! Hoping you both have a great race today!! :smiley:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Wishing I could be watching Boston on TV or streaming right now, but I am filling in for the boss man and for a few people out of office. :smile: I'm going to try and pull up the bib numbers after I post my morning run update so I can at least check on those.

Today was my first mid-week long run, 8 miles at easy effort. It was a good run and I was very pleased with my times. So really the whole run was mostly good news! :smile:

Just about 1/3 of a mile into my run I ran into the husband of the couple whose dog was attacked last Wednesday, at almost the exact same spot (looks like our schedules sync up perhaps). He remembered my name and thanked me for jumping in to help. I asked how everyone was doing and he said they had to put the dog down due to internal injuries that the vet could not be sure could be fixed even with about 10k in surgeries. He was walking a new puppy that was cute as could be. It was a different breed, he said he was not trying to replace his old dog and was super happy about the new dog, so he seemed to be handling things pretty well. While this stop slowed down my first mile I did not care one bit, I was content to get an update even though it was bad news. I had been wondering about all that for the whole week. My spirits were actually kind of high despite the news being bad for that poor doggie, mostly because the guy was so happy to see me again and so friendly, thankful, but mostly because he seemed to be genuinely happy to be walking his new dog and was not looking back. It rubbed off somehow.

4/1 - 10 miles
    4/2 - 4 miles
    4/3 - 4 miles
    4/4 - 4 miles
    4/5 - 4 miles
    4/6 - 4 miles
    4/7 - rest
    4/8 - 10 miles
    4/9 - 4 miles
    4/10 - 4 miles
    4/11 - 4 miles
    4/12 - 4 miles
    4/13 - 4 miles
    4/14 - rest
    4/15 - 12 miles of death by hills
    4/16 - 4 miles
    4/17 - 8 miles

84 of 120 miles complete

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    I have both Kevin and Lori on screen! Looking good, even if they look more like stick figures running in place on a squiggly line than I had imagined in my mind! :lol:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I have both Kevin and Lori on screen! Looking good, even if they look more like stick figures running in place on a squiggly line than I had imagined in my mind! :lol:

Just got from a walk and pulled them both up.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Name BIB Time Proj. finish Proj. daytime
    Clinefelter, Kevin (USA) 12498 01:11:32 03:21:14 01:49:35PM
    Gerkin, Lori (USA) 19738 00:55:16 03:53:09 02:46:41PM
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp is crushing it! He's fast!
    @MNLittleFinn - I wish I could run one mile in those kind of times! Just to see what it feels like.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am also watching them online + another runner I know IRL (sorta). I see there is already a winner declared. Everyone who BQ's is a winner, though...

Edit because I had the female winner time.
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Men's race had some smoking fast times.

No. 1 was Kirui, Geoffrey from Kenya, with a time of 2:09:37
    No.2 was Rupp with his 2:09:58

6 out of the top 10 were from the US.

Rupp is looking at one heck of a marathon career. Winning the US olympic trials in his first marathon, Bronze at Rio for No. 2 and nod 2nd at Boston??

Women's race was pretty sweet too Edna Kiplagat from Kena won with a 2:21:52

Jordan Hasay got 3rd place in her marathon debut! 2:23:00
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @lporter229 was 1:55:58 at the half

Looks like @MobyCarp is through Newton
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @MobyCarp 35k 2:48:31
    @lporter229 25k 2:17:42
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It's odd, I'm in my office watching two little stick men on a map run and I'm still getting excited. Go @MobyCarp! Go @lporter229!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Kevin and Lori both seem to have stopped at 40k and 30k on my tracker. Hope it's just my tracker and not anything else.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @lporter229 30k 2:45:54