Mean Things People Said That Ended Up Motivating You

Options
12346»

Replies

• ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My dad while I was in the hospital after getting hit by a car: I don't want you getting fat again.

I asked for a cookie from the McDonalds downstairs since I couldn't walk down there myself.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    These stories break my heart. Sending all of you big hugs.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I ran into this dude...trying to sell me a car...we worked together in a diff profession some 25 years ago. He said to me once i introduced myself to him ( i remembered who he was) and he said OHhhhhhh Tom..i didn't recognize you, you look heavier than you used to.

Mind you, this dude is fat and bald and has been for 30 years. F'ing moron. needless to say, will NEVER buy a car from this *kitten*.

still steams me...the dumb *kitten*
  • andyrd
    andyrd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had to go to Amsterdam in January to meet my new boss. We went out in the evening for a few beers and whilst walking between bars at something like -2c he made a comment about me not having my coat done up. He said that it must be because of my extra layer of fat insulating me. Haven't forgotten that and have lost a stone since. The thing is that 30+ years ago I was 12 Stone at 5'11'' and fitter than ever, but I'd still walk around in winter in little more than short sleeves. I just like it when it's crisp and cold. Part of the reason why I moved to Scotland from London, I don't cope with the heat so well. He was right about the blubber though:-)
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    They said I could not do it And I went ahead and Did It!
  • Spiyce
    Spiyce Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A girl on the college campus I go to asked me if I was pregnant and started laughing. So did 20 other people with her. I left in shock and hit the gym.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    "your arms are like sticks" "you're practically a twig lol"
    TELL THAT TO MY CHISELED CALVES AND BICEPS NOW
  • rybatace
    rybatace Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work in retail management. I had a customer come in drunk, stoned, smelling like cat pee, talking about being a convicted felon on parole, unemployed...trying to get me to let him steal. He said "listen, since clearly you like to eat, I'll take you out for dinner if you let me take this stuff." I kicked him out of my store. But it struck me that this guy honestly perceived me as so inferior because of my weight that I would be so desperate for a man and for food that I would be flattered by the invitation enough to let him steal...I was really upset, but it really motivated me to make a change.