How long have you been here - Things have changed a bit...

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have been here almost 8 years. When I started they didn't even have an app or scanning feature. I was a lot more active in the "serious" threads then. I learned tons. Now, the serious threads are still all the same questions that were asked 8 years ago. The fun threads have lows and highs of being fun. LOTS of people come and go. There are always trolls and pompous folk no matter the format.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    We most def didn't get flagged for disagreeing with a person.
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    i grew up here
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    The private "adult" groups. They were really hot back in 2012 or so. More nakedness than in a Penthouse Magazine in some of them but of course we are all adults and cant see that so most shut down or became lethargic. Oh well. They were fun to be a part of while they lasted.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    The private "adult" groups. They were really hot back in 2012 or so. More nakedness than in a Penthouse Magazine in some of them but of course we are all adults and cant see that so most shut down or became lethargic. Oh well. They were fun to be a part of while they lasted.

@tmanfromtexas - Men too??? I was around in 2012 and didn't know that such a thing existed...
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I've been here so long only a few women were lifting weights....it was a bunch of cardio queens.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    @RegaliTea_69 - haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. If I wasn't on MFP, I would think it would be TOTALLY harmless for my S.O..... But there has been a lot of break ups and hook ups on MFP....
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The abandonment of Windows mobile platform, which is the only reason I joined in the first place. I was logging with Excel in my phone years ago. Considering iOS Bridge for Windows Universal Platform has existed for a while, there's no reason to not support.

The acquisition by UA. Hit MapMyFitness harder. Lot's of weird UI changes. The addition of "Premium"
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I like to see my steps and exercise burn automatically sync. Now if it could just add to my news feed that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    The bell that let you know that a post has been made in a post that I am following or that you have a tag. I appreciate that....lol
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Since when people used to take Before and After pictures in their super messy bedrooms. Literally while standing on the clothes, shoes and junk saying look at my progress.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Been here since about 2010. I miss having asterisks instead of "kitten". How stupid.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here long enough to notice any changes. The forums are new to me. I have had previous accounts but would get po'ed when I had a "streak" and had not accomplished what I wanted to so I would delete and make a new one, fresh start.

I am surprised at how much I like the forums tho. I like a answering random questions and talking to strangers more than I expected. I love all the different opinions and personalities. The forums are what make me not want to start over every time I get frustrated with not meeting my goals.

I like the chit chat section because I like getting my opinion in there. Occasionally I'll add my opinion/advice in some of the other sections too.

I like the fun and games section, it's lighthearted and easy going, it's all new to me. I like the question and answer categories. It is quick paced and you have to think fast. It's fun to me to get my answer in in (is this bad grammar?) sequence. I do find tho that I am running out of things to say and I don't like to repeat myself.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

@tmanfromtexas - Men too??? I was around in 2012 and didn't know that such a thing existed...

Believe it or not yep. For a few groups it was kind of a free for all.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

Believe it or not yep. For a few groups it was kind of a free for all.

I think you should bring sexy back and start a 2017 group. @tmanfromtexas

• skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    4 days...
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    4 days...

Congrats...you get the beefed up MFP....
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Since everyone was doing Jillian Michaels and Shawn T videos.....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Honestly...