Looking for motivation:Depression and weight Gain

Options
Hello, been fighting moderate depression for a while now. Off and on. I find some of it is due to my weight gain and my self esteem at times. Hoping to hear some successs stories in beating depression and weight loss at the same time.

Replies

• sotoale3655
    sotoale3655 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for a while now, my issues original came from some other health issues but all the medications I had to take for them made me gain so much weight and that just totally killed my self esteem and I've really hated myself a bit since then because I haven't been able to lose much of the weight.

I was originally 5'2" 110 and the meds sent me all the way over 200!!! I was able to get down to about 160 after I stopped taking them but that was it. Recently I started going to the gym and tracking food/eating less and I have managed th lose about 10lbs it's not a ton but it's some progress.
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just had to start medication for my depression, anxiety and bipolar last week, I was 156 Nov 15th 2016 and now 117lbs. Started running and eating better, got some confidence back but still in depression and exercise could only help so much. So waiting for medication to kick in and help. But no your not alone and you got this ! Small steps at a time. If it's putting one less sugar in your coffee or grabbing a water instead of a pop. Be proud of the small changes and soon you will start seeing results and testing yourself with bigger changes
    Good luck !
  • sotoale3655
    sotoale3655 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and for the advice. I definitely need to learn to be more patient with myself and take things one step at a time.