How much weight did you gain while pregnant?

Options

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    40 pounds the first time, despite throwing up every​morning and walking several miles a day.

50 pounds the second time.

And... Dun dun dun 70 pounds the final time. Really unsure how I could gain 10-15 pounds on soda crackers in the first trimester alone. But feeling like crap for 34 straight weeks made me not care. He is 5 and I still have 10 pounds left.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ok so I'm I'm second trimester and this thread just made me feel soooo much better about the 10 lbs I've gained!! I wonder how much of it is bubba!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Baby #1 gained 36 lbs and delivered at 37 weeks, was at prepregnancy weight by 4 months PP
    Baby #2 gained 41 lbs and delivered at 38 weeks, was at prepregnancy weight by 5 months PP
    Baby #3, gained 49 lbs and delivered at 40 weeks, was at prepregnancy weight by 3 months PP (weird, right?? I think much of the extra weight gain was bloating because it just all flew off!!)
  • Somze
    Somze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gained 36 pounds with my son, starting at 142 pounds and 5.7' tall. It's been 19 months and I am finally at 143 pounds but planning to lose another 13 pounds. It hasn't been an easy journey back and my body is not back to it's pre-baby firmness, for sure. MFP is the first thing that has truly worked. I got stuck at about 152 pounds for a while before I learned about MFP.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    The least I gained was 23 lbs, the most was 36.
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    W my 4th baby she is now almost 6 months I was underweight so I gained abou 50 I lost it all and a little more so far
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I'm now at about 18 lb gained at 36 weeks. So I'll probably make it to about 22?
  • ElaineHurles1
    ElaineHurles1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    baby 1 25 lbs
    baby 2 30 lbs
    baby 3 30 lbs
    baby 4 70 lbs
    baby 5 70 lbs
    baby 6 70 lbs
    baby 7 60 lbs

i lost it after every baby and gained again i now have a underactive thyroid
  • Pid57
    Pid57 Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    40 lbs with first [8.6 lbs]. 24 lbs with second [8.11 lbs] ....threw up ENTIRE pregnancy. He was still HUGE! I was lucky - I lost all but 10 pounds within the first week. And it's a good thing cause I was a little overweight when I got pregnant both times.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    82 lbs.
    Don't ask!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Baby 1: 60-70lbs (I was a teenager when I got pregnant and was told it would all fall right off. BS! Liars... lol. I knew nothing about calories.)

Baby 2: 15lbs? About that. I was lighter than I started right after the delivery. I exercised 2hrs a day into the beginning of my third trimester.

Baby 3: 30-35lbs (I think this is closer to "normal" or typical.)
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I gained 11 pound's last time.
    Planning a baby again.

I had preeclampsia and an emergency c-section at 36 weeks. I gained 88 lbs, but, it was pretty much all water weight. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight 2 weeks after my daughter was born. But, I had pitting edema and the whole shebang. It felt like all I did was pee for 2 weeks.. lol
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    82 lbs.
    Don't ask!

Hey, at least it wasn't just me. lol.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think I gained 80 pounds. I let myself go I lost it all in under a year and Ieven weigh less than I did before I got pregnant.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I come from a family of women who blow up like inflatable rafts when pregnant. My sisters had 6 children between them, all before 31. They gained vast amounts of weight.

I waited until 42 to have my son, and overall I lost weight. I was 20-25 lbs overweight to start. I gained 10 lbs. Baby weighed 8 lbs, and who knows how much that darned placenta and retained fluid weighed. So overall...a loss.

My gain was also during BF as with another poster.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    storyjorie wrote: »
    Baby #1 gained 36 lbs and delivered at 37 weeks, was at prepregnancy weight by 4 months PP
    Baby #2 gained 41 lbs and delivered at 38 weeks, was at prepregnancy weight by 5 months PP
    Baby #3, gained 49 lbs and delivered at 40 weeks, was at prepregnancy weight by 3 months PP (weird, right?? I think much of the extra weight gain was bloating because it just all flew off!!)

Not just bloating. There was the baby, amniotic fluid, etc. ;)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    W my 4th baby she is now almost 6 months I was underweight so I gained abou 50 I lost it all and a little more so far

So far? So you are purposely trying for underweight?
  • rose8a
    rose8a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    60lbs each pregnancy
  • mlp111206
    mlp111206 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    28lbs
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    12kg. I lost it all by 10 weeks post-partum and am now 2kg under my pre-pregnancy weight of 64kg at 15 weeks post-partum.