Scents Worth

Options
I spilled some vanilla scent on myself earlier today, and I've been smelling it all day. It doesn't make me hungry, but actually is making me feel like I'm continually enjoying something yummy.

It makes me wonder what others have discovered about the merit of using scents and fragrances while dieting. Is there a scent that helps you not indulge?

Replies

• Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've read it can have benefits to satiety and it's cool, so do it if it helps you feel better. For me personally, I don't smell a thing, good or bad, so I wouldn't know.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I need something chocolate-orange scented to test this out

just bought orange chocolate flavoured greek yogurt cups and their delicious...had JUST stopped craving them....thanks hahaha @PaulaWallaDingDong
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Is chocolate-orange your favorite food? Orange might be easy to find, but I've never heard of a chocolate scented candle...
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Is chocolate-orange your favorite food? Orange might be easy to find, but I've never heard of a chocolate scented candle...

i own both orange and chocolate scented candles im a bit candle obsessed i wonder if this is why...they smell wonderful to me and now i think of it it does feel sort of satisfying as if im eating yummy stuff
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    It makes sense that, if we are denying our taste buds their usual pleasure, we would want to rely on our four other senses more for excitement or comfort. A buttery soft furry blanket, puppy pictures, beautiful music, scented candles...

I know there's lots of info about aroma therapy I could look up. I was just hoping for a short-cut!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The scent that comes to mind is the smell of puke. Or the smell of chickens when you are plucking them.
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    The scent that comes to mind is the smell of puke. Or the smell of chickens when you are plucking them.

Well there's an appetite killer!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit essential oils!! Sooo delicious smelling
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    I have found that walking up a particular lane-way at lunch time that smells strongly of spices and Indian food with a bit of Asian food is very satisfying. Inhale deeply and I'm happy.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It works the complete opposite for me, unfortunately, If I smell something delicious, my brain bugs me for a while until I eat it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Oh. I didn't realize you were making candles.

Yeah, I have been known to eat an entire chocolate orange in one sitting.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I rubbed bacon fat under my nose for hunger suppression. It made me break out in zits. :/

Bet the skin between the zits was soft as a baby's behind, though.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    le-whif-breathable-chocolate-coffee-5.jpg
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well it's possible to taste what you smell I've read that, people've said that something gross tasting; tasted like gym socks ew & lol! :s:D
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It works the complete opposite for me, unfortunately, If I smell something delicious, my brain bugs me for a while until I eat it.

Me too. I've been not eating meat for Lent and normally don't miss it, but there are a few meat cooking smells that make me really crave it. (They'd be weird candles or cologne, anyway.) ;-)
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options

LOL! I'm definitely not making candles. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. I always wanted to be the kind who grows tomatoes and cans and sews curtains and weaves baskets, but alas, my only talents are music and shopping.

I have no idea what a chocolate orange is...
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    le-whif-breathable-chocolate-coffee-5.jpg

Is this for real? Or for April Fools?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    edited April 2017
    Options

LOL! I'm definitely not making candles. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. I always wanted to be the kind who grows tomatoes and cans and sews curtains and weaves baskets, but alas, my only talents are music and shopping.

I have no idea what a chocolate orange is...

Oh lol Sorry. The candle talk threw me off.

Anyway, this is a chocolate orange.

terry's2-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq4cHFBfxHqfroyKoKkNhhsIOb6wYDoBFLKDEGDsm5ADg.jpg

6816_XXX_v1.tif&wid=650&cvt=jpeg

We used to get them at stocking stuffers on Christmas when I was a kid. I don't think they're an American thing but they always have them at Walmart.